Cardiologist, Dr. Monica Aggarwal, Reduces Her RA Inflammation via Plant-Based Nutrition, Diet, Lifestyle

Cardiologist, Dr. Monica Aggarwal, Reduces Her RA Inflammation via Plant-Based Nutrition, Diet, Lifestyle

Have recently become re-acquainted with Dr. Aggarwal's (MA's) work & thought it might interest you as well β€” especially if dealing with both RA/ autoimmune disease(s) as well as cardiac/ cardiovascular issues.

[As if one by itself weren't enough! 😳 πŸ™ƒ 😁 ]

As a brief intro to Dr. MA's journey, here's an 8-minute video:

πŸƒβ£ Dr. Monica Aggarwal's Story:

drmonicaaggarwal.com/educat...

". . . her disease transformed the way she practices medicine."

Dr. MA, a mother of 3 πŸ‘Ά πŸ‘Ά πŸ‘Ά , tri-athlete πŸƒ 🚴 🏊 , & practicing cardiologist ❣, has served as yet another inspiration (to me personally). πŸ™ Perhaps she may inspire you. πŸ‘

______

If you're interested in learning more about Dr. MA's experience, consider visiting her:

πŸ•Έ Website: DrMonicaAggarwal.com

πŸ‘€ Facebook: facebook.com/monicaaggarwalmd/

πŸ” 'Dr. Monica Aggarwal' Google search results: google.com/search?as_q=&as_...

______

Wishing you the very best in your research. πŸ™ πŸ€ 🌺 🌞

Kind regards, ☺️

Kai

4️⃣5️⃣ Have you been on the "Paddison Program Forum"?: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

4️⃣4️⃣ Anyone on the "Paddison Program Forum"?: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

4️⃣3️⃣ "How U.S. Health Care Became Big Business": Medical Journalist, Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal talks with NPR's Terry Gross: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

4️⃣2️⃣ Quinoa, Buckwheat, Sweet Potatoes, Leafy Greens, . . . 'Baseline Phase' of PP Diet Fulfills Nutritional Requirements (Diverse & Complete): healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

4️⃣1️⃣ Healing Power of Resilience, Optimism, & Hope: Moving Forward from Trauma, PTSD, Physical & Psychological Abuse & Illness β€” Dave Pelzer: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...β€”-dave-pelzer

4️⃣0️⃣ Warm welcome, Hopeyj19!: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣9️⃣ From Wheelchair to Bikram Yoga (in 10 Months): healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣8️⃣ "A Kitchen Fairy Tale" by Iida, How She Healed Herself with a Plant-Based Diet (according to 'Tribe Magazine'): healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣7️⃣ Can I Avoid RA Drugs or Should I Go On Drugs? 'Paddison Program' FAQ Opinion; Also: Methotrexate Explanation & References: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣6️⃣ EarthToLor: Psoriasis, RA, Depression, Weight Gain; Triple Therapy & More; Potatoes & Rice: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣5️⃣ New Arthritis Podcast: "Can Arthritis Potentially End a Musical Career?": healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣4️⃣ Cardiologist, Dr. Monica Aggarwal, Reduces Her RA Inflammation via Plant-Based Nutrition, Diet, Lifestyle: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣3️⃣ AndySwarbs Shares His RA Hero's Journey β€” Joe Campbell Style: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...β€”-joe-campbell-style

3️⃣2️⃣ Olive Oil β€” not Popeye's 'Olive Oyl': healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...β€”-not-popeyes-olive-oyl

3️⃣1️⃣ Our Beloved AndySwarbs, a Hero's Journey: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣0️⃣ Erika's Rheumatologist Confirms Erika's CCP Reduced (from 144.3 to 27) via Diet β€” turning_pain_n2_purpose: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...β€”-turning_pain_n2_purpose

2️⃣9️⃣ "Super Juice Me!" Documentary by Jason Vale: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

2️⃣8️⃣ "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" Documentary by Joe Cross: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

2️⃣7️⃣ Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA): Jenn, Cole, & Joseph Share Hope & Practical Experience: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

2️⃣6️⃣ Jenn, Cole, & Joseph: JIA-ers Who Share Hope & Practical Experience: healthunlocked.com/jia/post...

2️⃣5️⃣ Empathetic 'Knee Photo' for Deejojo: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

2️⃣4️⃣ "Tis but a scratch . . .": healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

2️⃣3️⃣ Placing Dietary & Lifestyle Approaches 'In Context'/ 'In Perspective': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

2️⃣2️⃣ Roxana, 'The Sofia Vergara of Peru' (& now 'The States'), Improves Her Hashimoto's (Hypothyroid) & Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

2️⃣1️⃣ Any 'Ankylosing Spondylitis'-ers (AS)?: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

2️⃣0️⃣ Catching Up with 'Healing Josefine' -- Over 2 Years & 80+ Vlogs: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣9️⃣ Dr. Pam Popper on: Hypothyroidism; Iodine, Thyroid Function & Thyroid Disease: healthunlocked.com/thyroidu...

1️⃣8️⃣ Self-Management Event in Southampton on Feb. 14 & 15 from 'Arthritis Action': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣7️⃣ X-Ray Yoga: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

1️⃣6️⃣ Gentle Chair Yoga for RA, X-Ray Yoga for Wonderment: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣5️⃣ Suicide -- Career & Otherwise: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣4️⃣ Meditation, Mindfulness, Movement, Breathing, Relaxation, Stress Reduction . . .: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣3️⃣ 13 Bite-Size Thoughts for Autoimmuners -- Newly Diagnosed (or Not): healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...

1️⃣2️⃣ "When You Know Better, You Do Better!": healthunlocked.com/fibromya...

1️⃣1️⃣ Dietary/ Lifestyle Considerations for Rheumatologists to 'Ruminate On': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

πŸ”Ÿ Spoon Theory, Spoonie, Spooning: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

9️⃣ Douglas Lisle: 'The Pleasure Trap': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

8️⃣ Dean Ornish, Neal Barnard, T. Colin Campbell, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall, Michael Klaper, Michael Greger: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

7️⃣ "Poofed" Info, References, Links, Your Replies, etc. (at ALL 'Kai-- Posts'): healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

6️⃣ FREE Whole Foods Plant-Based Diet/ Lifestyle (WFP-BD/L) Info for Interested Autoimmuners/ RAers: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

5️⃣ Vogons, Vulcans, Vegans: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

4️⃣ Microbiome, Pooing, Toilet Humour: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

3️⃣ For All Autoimmuner's: FREE 7-Part Documentary with Tom O'Bryan: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

2️⃣ FREE 3-Part 'Serology (RF, ACPA, Anti-CCP, ANAs, ANCA) in Rheumatology' Series from Dr. Robert Coughlan's 'Rheumatology Toolbox': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

1️⃣ "Live Your Life. . . ": healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

⏺ Kai-- Profile: healthunlocked.com/user/kai... [Click on blue "Read more" text (at top of page) to read full profile.]

Last edited by

37 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Additional links/ references that may interest you β€” especially if you (and/or a loved one) are dealing with RA/ autoimmune disease(s) and/ or cardiac/ cardiovascular issues.

πŸƒβ£ Fighting Inflammation with Plant-Based Nutrition β€” Dr. Monica Aggarwal (from PlantPure Summit 2016) 36-minute video: plantpuresummit.com/speaker...

"Dr. Monica Aggarwal is a cardiologist from Baltimore, MD, who . . . focuses on tools that balance out the body and decrease inflammation and thus, reduce risk of chronic illness. She is joining the University of Florida where she will be on faculty and teaching cardiology as the Director of Nutrition in Cardiovascular Disease, and is looking forward to building a robust nutrition program."

• πŸƒβ£ Featuring Dr. Monica Aggarwal: Conversations with Lee Fulkerson (from PlantPure Nation) 43-minute audio: blogtalkradio.com/plantpure...

"Dr. Monica Aggarwal and Lee discuss her diet growing up and a crippling chronic illness that she suffered shortly after the birth of her third child. She shares how her condition threatened to end her life as she knew it, including her medical practice. Dr. Aggarwal describes the terrible side effects of the medications she was prescribed and how her research into possible alternatives led her to information on plant-based nutrition. Her adoption of a plant-based diet led to her ability to taper off all her meds, and today her health has been completely restored. She now recommends plant-based nutrition to her patients with outstanding results.

Dr. Monica Aggarwal is a Board certified cardiologist in Baltimore, MD. She has expertise in heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, and prevention of these and other conditions. Her path in prevention started with a severe illness. It was then, with the fear she would never practice medicine again, that she found her path to whole body medicine. One of her main focuses is educating people about the importance of plant-based nutrition and its benefits in treating and potentially reversing chronic illness."

• More 'RA-specific' conversations:

πŸƒβ£ Dr Monica Aggarwal Explains Reversing RA Personally and Professionally 48-minute audio: hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/0/3/50...

(transcript: paddisonprogram.com/dr-moni... )

πŸƒβ£ Dr. Monica Aggarwal Driving Positive Change for RA Treatment and Public Health 50-minute audio: hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/e/f/4/ef...

(transcript: paddisonprogram.com/dr-moni... )

"Dr. Monica Aggarwal shares her current professional journey and how her Rheumatoid Arthritis diagnosis several years ago shaped her directions and passions as a person and practitioner. Learn how everyone responds differently to dietary changes, and discover how she is leading the charge to change the way RA (and other diseases) are handled."

• I watched her video. Very interesting. It inspires me to keep on with my healthy way I eat.🌻

• Exactly! Me too, Richgirl. πŸ‘ We just keep on with our healthy eating. πŸ‘ If it's working well for us, then we just 'keep at it'. πŸ˜ƒ L'chaim! 🍹🍹

• Yes Kai, that's what we must do. Hope your feeling well too. Have a nice day.🌻

• So far, so good, Richgirl. πŸ‘ (Nothing's fallen off. 😳 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰ )

Hope you are doing well today & in good spirits πŸ‘» .

[Remember, I'm flying out ✈️ (with juicer in hand) to juice 🍹 for you. (I've forgotten who's doing the washing up though . . . πŸ€”). I'll be the one at your door πŸšͺ with bags πŸ› full of veg πŸƒ 'n fruit 🍍 . . . πŸ˜‚ ]

• Yes I won't forget! Glad nothing has fallin off. Ha ha ha. I'll do the was gen up.🌻

• Typo: I'll do the washing up.

• πŸ‘Œ 😊 πŸ‘

• Thank you for posting, love motivators stories it helps with all our journeys. Looking forward to a relaxing comfy sofa read. 😊

• Good to hear, Hessie5! πŸ‘ There's abundant hope for so many of us. πŸ€— (You may be nestled on your sofa πŸ›‹ for quite some time. πŸ˜‚ πŸ™ƒ )

• Fantastic post, lots to read great! thank you Kai xπŸ™

• Very welcome, hufferpuffer. πŸ™ Hope it proves useful for you. πŸ‘ Have found dietary/ lifestyle approaches touched on so many aspects of overall health, it's a win-win all round. πŸ€—

Like Dr. MA says, " . . . you have very little to lose by making these changes & so much to gain . . . πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘

[~ Minute 10:00 : Fighting Inflammation . . . : plantpuresummit.com/speaker... ]

• Really good videos to watch! Something for NRAS to listen to😊

• Liked them very much too, Simba1992! πŸ‘

What Dr. MA says between ~minutes 6-10 on: Fighting Inflammation with Plant-Based Nutrition: plantpuresummit.com/speaker...

appears to soundly capture an aspect of the difficulty the medical community (& institutions, medical or otherwise) have with understanding & doing something about these 'unproven/ unprovable' approaches. πŸ€”

[A sad, unfortunate, troubling conundrum for (I'm guessing) the vast majority of sufferers . . . πŸ˜” ]

Fortunately though, we can communicate with each other πŸ—£πŸ’¬ . . πŸ—£πŸ’¬ . .(as individuals) through this 'new fangled' electronic medium πŸ’» & share what we've learned with each other. (Hallelujah! πŸ€— )

We can share info πŸ“ , research πŸ“š , & assess for ourselves πŸ€” what works for us. πŸ‘

(Thank gawd for the Internet πŸ•Έ age!! πŸ™ )

Guess we're lucky πŸ€ in that small way. πŸ‘ πŸ€—

• thank you KAI - great help! am going to conference here at QUB [N>I} on diet and auto immune diseases etc etc, too. xx

• Oh my goodness, GranAmie!

Please (πŸ™) would you kindly consider sharing your notes with us upon your return?! πŸ€— πŸ€“

That is, if you're comfortable doing so. 😌

[If there's anything you're comfortable bringing back & sharing with us (links, websites, videos, audios, etc.), think there's quite a few of us who'd be extremely interested. πŸ™ We're continually learning β€” striving to understand in our own simple layman's way. 😁 πŸ™ƒ πŸ‘ ]

_____

Or, if you'd prefer, we could descending upon you like vultures & pick your brains clean? 😳

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

(Just kidding, juuust kidding. πŸ˜‰ )

No worries, we'll leave the bones πŸ’€ . . . πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰

(Ok, maybe leave some meat on the bones πŸ– πŸ— . . . )

Hope you have wonderful time at conference & learn gobs that prove useful to you, GranAmie. πŸ€— πŸ‘ πŸ™

• Oh my goodness Kai! thnk you for your good wishes and will try to get notes afap tho my wrists/hands can't be relied on. I will be in company with 2 other pychs -we did our Phds at the same time tho i am ancient compred to them 'nearly 75 y'know' LOL. Will see if i can smuggle a recorder in.... found Dr. A's tslk of protein brekkies and porridge suppers appealing. Take csre xx

• 75⁉️ (Mere 'sapling' πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸŒ± !! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰ )

No worries about notes. πŸ“

Like the idea of recording πŸŽ™, though. πŸ€” πŸ‘

Helps with things 'missed, misheard, forgotten. . .' 😢

[Guess that's why we have loved ones around us β€” sounding like broken records πŸ“€ . . . We forget, they remind us . . . over & over & over again . . .. 😳 😁 πŸ˜‚ ]

____

Perhaps you'll be able to 'psychically' transmit the info (via 'mental air waves') β€” after all, you've 2 other pychs πŸ™‡ πŸ™‡ with you . . . πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰

Hope all 3 of you enjoy yourselves, GranAmie. πŸ™

It's wonderful being around thinking folks πŸ€” with interesting ideas to share, explore, discuss . . . πŸ‘

(Keeps the ole' brain cells happily humming along . . . πŸ™‡ 🎢 🎢 )

Enjoy, dear lady, enjoy . . . πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

πŸ™ πŸ€ 🌺 🌞

• Oh I will - my 'sisters' have Sero -ve RA and coeliac but btween us .... 3 good brains, Since I'm also 'disabled' I will ask beforehand for notes, refs etc. @if u don't ask, you don't get.

best 2u

• Not sure how polite it is for 1 family to be so bountiful in disease. Perhaps it breaks some 'etiquette rule' or surely infringes upon several PEWSGGL?! Oh well, I guess some 'cups overfloweth' . . . πŸ˜‰

Blessedly πŸ™ all 3 brains intact. And, if ever one should fail, bet the other 2 'fill in' . . . πŸ‘ 😌 ☺️

[Smart cookie πŸͺ β€” asking for notes πŸ“‘ beforehand. πŸ‘ Thank you for excellent tip βœ”οΈ ; must remember πŸ™‡ for future.]

• 'sisters' - by inclination, interest and psych background rather than genetics AFAIK LOL

• Ahh . . . I see, I see . . . 'sisterhood' πŸ‘­ brought together by common interest.

(Yes indeed . . . gawd only knows what parents were up to. Never know if there is indeed a surprise 'genetic link' . . . 😳 πŸ˜‚ πŸ™ƒ 😁 )

[Just kidding . . . juuust kidding . . . ]

• ps to Kai if the thread still open - like the idea of protein brekkie and porridge supper! what u think re nightshades? x

• If proteins & nightshades aren't an issue for you, then 'give it a go'. πŸ‘

For me, personally, I try not to overdo protein (I get enough from the foods I'm able to safely ingest. And, I've had no problems with nightshades.)

My understanding is some folks react to nightshades πŸ… πŸ† β€” as it's all so unique to each of us β€” our unique bodily system. So (per usual), it's the typical 'try it & see' type of self-experiment.

If you don't get a reaction, then it's safe for you. πŸ‘

(Nerve-wracking though πŸ˜– when re-introducing foods; always concerned about re-igniting the inflammatory flame πŸ”₯ . 😳 😱 )

_____

You crack me up!

Yes, I've done 'porridge for supper', 'soup for breakfast' . . . ! 😳

[Have you been peeking πŸ‘€ in my window πŸ–Ό ?!]

And, have pretty much eaten whatever was 'conveniently about' (provided it was a 'safe' food for me) or wasn't nailed down πŸ”¨ or moving 🐩 🐈 🐿 . . .

😁

I'm guessing if we reach a certain phase of 'gut healing' (or whatever the proper medical/ scientific term is) β€” we can 'mix things up' β€” provided we're not 'reacting negatively' to it.

_____

I'm guessing, as long as the particular foods are our 'safe foods' we can vary the times of day we eat them? Don't know of any 'hard & fast rules' once we pass certain threshold of 'gut healing'.

Oh, don't worry, your body will let you know if it doesn't like something. 😳 Pain, flare, inflammation, yada yada yada . . . is that nice, 'slap-in-the-face reminder' that we've 'gone too far'. 😱

[Merely my layman's opinion & merely what my narrow/ limited experience has been.]

• Oh, might enjoy a bit of Cole Porter, Experiment, via Gertrude Lawrence πŸ’ƒπŸ» :

• Or, if you prefer a more modern rendition ala Kevin Kline πŸ—£πŸŽΆ :

• Either way, the lyrics seem delightfully apropos. πŸ˜‰

Experiment

Before you leave these portals

To meet less fortunate mortals,

There's just one final message

I would give to you.

You all have learned reliance

On the sacred teachings of science,

So I hope, through life, you never will decline

In spite of philistine

Definace

To do what all good scientists do.

Refrain

Experiment.

Make it your motto day and night.

Experiment

And it will lead you to the light.

The apple on the top of the tree

Is never too high to achieve,

So take an example from Eve,

Experiment.

Be curious,

Though interfering friends may frown.

Get furious

At each attempt to hold you down.

If this advice you always employ

The future can offer you infinite joy

And merriment,

Experiment

And you'll see

[Revised version for the film MISSISSIPPI BELLE (1943-44)]

Experiment

Verse

As I was leaving high school

My pet professor of my school

Said: My dear, one parting message I would give to you.

By now you've learned reliance

On the sacred teachings of science,

So I hope, through life, you never will decline,

In spite of philistine

Definace

To do what all good scientists do.

Refrain 1 [Same As Original Refrain]

Interlude

And now, each one of you, do

Let me adapt this ditty to you.

Refrain 2

Experiment.

Whenever doubtful take a chance.

Experiment

And you'll discover sweet romance.

When in a state of ignorant bliss

Regarding a creatrue you crave

'Tis folly, my friend, to behave,

Experiment,

Be curious,

And when you've picked a perfect wife,

Get furious

Till she is yours and yours for life.

If this you do (and no cock-and-bull)

In time she may give you a nurs'ry full*

Of merriment.

Experiment

And you'll see.

*Or alternate line:

The future may give you a nurs'ry full

• Yep - always some pain, but the 'wee free men' cf Terry Pratchett will stab me if body reacts to something altho my strong brf/gag reaction is usually a sign too LOL x

• 🍳 πŸ‘§πŸ» . . . πŸ‘ πŸ˜‰ . . . . πŸ™ πŸ€ 🌺 🌞

• sadly i don't 'get' pictograms xx

• Oh noooo . . . (Apologies, GranAmie.)

Was showing you Tiffany Aching's (πŸ‘§πŸ») frying pan (🍳) β€” which might come in handy should the 'wee free men' show up stabbing . . .

[Apologies for confusion. πŸ™ ]

• aah bless tho' i'm more of a granny weatherwax meself ' and Terry P made his home in my Dorset. I am an uncomfortable transplant to N.I. x

• Think the world could do with a lot more Granny Weatherwax's: writeups.org/granny-weather...

Liked these Granny W. thoughts:

πŸ’­ hobbitofunseenhogwarts.tumb...

πŸ’­ 3.bp.blogspot.com/-O4bQYxDf...

πŸ’­ i.quoteaddicts.com/media/q2...

πŸ’­ mshades.deviantart.com/art/...

Might get a kick out of this Granny W. photo:

flickr.com/photos/41184333@... (I aten't dead!)

• For dietary/ lifestyle (d/l) discussions from a variety of perspectives, these posts may be of interest:

β€’ Talking to NRAS about diet: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... [Highly recommend taking time to read through the 70 + comments for anyone seriously considering implementing a d/l approach (along with their meds). πŸ‘ Found andyswarbs last comment (at bottom of page) insightful/ profound. πŸ€” 😌 ]

β€’ For All Autoimmuner's: FREE 7-Part Documentary with Tom O'Bryan: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... [See 'replies' for clarifications about d/l approaches in relation to 'leaky gut theory', etc.]

β€’ Feeling sorry for people here: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... [Again, highly recommend taking time to read through 120+ comments for anyone seriously considering implementing a d/l approach (along with their meds). πŸ‘ πŸ€” 😌 ]

β€’ A new day, let's see what we have learnt: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... [This 'follow-up' post (& its 50+ replies) are equally as interesting/ insightful.]

β€’ Placing Dietary & Lifestyle Approaches 'In Context'/ 'In Perspective': healthunlocked.com/nras/pos... [George Bernard Shaw's 'communication', Monty Python's "Life of Brian", & John G. Saxe's "Blind Men & the Elephant" may shed some light . . . πŸ•― πŸ”¦ πŸ’‘ β˜€οΈ ]

β€’ Our Beloved AndySwarbs, a Hero's Journey: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

β€’ AndySwarbs Shares His RA Hero's Journey β€” Joe Campbell Style: healthunlocked.com/ra-warri...β€”-joe-campbell-style

β€’ Erika's Rheumatologist Confirms Erika's CCP Reduced (from 144.3 to 27) via Diet β€” turning_pain_n2_purpose: healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...β€”-turning_pain_n2_purpose

• For additional thoughts, opinions, perspectives on d/ l techniques, explore "Diet" search results at:

πŸ—£ πŸ‘₯ American RA Warriors: healthunlocked.com/search/d...

πŸ—£ πŸ‘₯ NRAS: healthunlocked.com/search/d...

πŸ—£ πŸ‘₯ Arthritis Action: healthunlocked.com/search/d...

You may also like...