Blood test results please help

Hi All,

Please can you experienced people help me with my results. I feel very tired and my body aches all the time, my hips, shoulders, knees etc. I cannot walk down the stairs in the morning without holding the bannisters and coming down one at a time sideways. I have just had a Blue Horizon thyroid 11 test and I am a little concerned because I thought it was a vit d deficiency, but it appears that my ferritin is high. I do not take iron supplements.

Biochemistry

CRP 2.70 <5.0 mg/L

Ferritin H 372.6 20 - 150 ug/L

Thyroid Function

TSH L <0.005 0.27 - 4.20 IU/L

T4 Total 127.9 64.5 - 142.0 nmol/L

Free T4 H 22.11 12 - 22 pmol/L

Free T3 H 10.16 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

Immunology

Anti-Thyroidperoxidase abs 29.2 <34 kIU/L

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs 75.1 <115 kU/L

Vitamins

Vitamin D (25 OH) 66 Deficient <25 nmol/L

Insufficient 25 - 50

Consider reducing dose >175

Vitamin B12 451 Deficient <140 pmol/L

Insufficient 140 - 250

Consider reducing dose >725

Serum Folate L 10.04 10.4 - 42.4 nmol/L

Thank you

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry I forgot to say, I am taking 5 grains of NDT Nature-Throid and I feel good when my T4 is about 19.

• You are deficient in vitamin D, vitamin B12 and folate.

Are you supplementing any of those?

A high ferritin rate is commonly linked to inflammation and chronic infection and a vitamin D level of 66, while low, is not commonly linked with joint pain.

Does anyone in your family have a history of any other autoimmune disease including diabetes?

• Yes there are lots of people in my family with diabetes my grandmother. 4 out of 5 of her daughters and cousins galore, all type 2. Could that be the cause of high ferritin?

• Have a glucose test and if you are OK, start supplementing B vitamins and vitamin D. Also cut your NDT down so you are within your own good range. I would also investigate low carb high fat diets and change to one to help you avoid diabetes.

• I have just ordered vit b supplements that people here recommended and high dose vit d. Thank you for asking about diabetes. I ave been suffering from Candida for years and it gets worse when I eat sugar. I have asked for a test a while ago and I was told there was 'no need for it' at he metaphorically patted me on the head. I got a fasting bloods done anyway and it came back in normal range. That was two years ago and after looking up high ferritin levels and the link with diabetes I have also ordered a blood testing kit. Thank you for your help.

• Hi tabbymaple

I would say you are over replaced with a free T3 of 10.16 which is well over range and Free T4 of 22 which is top of range.

• I will cut back from 5 grains to 4.75 for a while and see what happens - thank you

• Your targets for FT4 is 17-18 and FT3 6-6.2 check your zinc levels too as if your hypothyroid then it's most certainly low unless your supplementing. Hope that helps...

• Thank you it cant hurt to take Zinc, I will add it to my daily pile of vits : )