Would like Feedback on Recent Blood Test Results

Still feeling anxious, insomnia (take 1 to 3 mg Melatonin before bedtime), body aches nearly everyday. (tested for RA, Lymes disease came back negative.), when I exert myself need a day to recover, feel drained of energy constantly.

My Recent blood test results are:

Thyroid Peroxidase AUTOab - 329 Range (<35) IU/mL

TSH - 0.75 range (0.35-4.00) uIU/mL

FT3 - 3.17 (2.30-4.20) pg/mL

FT4 - 1.02 (0.89-1.76) ng/dL

Iron - 65 (40-180) ug/dL

Magnesium - 2.2 (1.4-2.2)

Vitamin D, 25 OH, Total - 29 (30-100)ng/mL

Glucose - 93 (65-99) mg/dL

Calcium 9.6 (8.5-10.1) mg/dL

Currently taking Synthroid alternating each day between 100mcg and 112 mcg.

Currently supplementing: 1000 IU Vitamin D; Adrenal support containing Vitamin B's and dessicated bovine adrenal.

Endo had told me my Iron and Ferritin levels were good. But even with TSH in "normal" range I am still feeling this lack of energy. What do you think about Iron should I supplement? If so, what kind, how much each day?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Appreciate it.

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Theres no ferritin result in that lot and your iron is fairly low

Ferritin must be halfway in it range if your body is going to be able to utilise levothyroxine

• The last time my ferritin was tested it was 21.000 range (10-291) ng/mL.

Does it matter what kind of iron I supplement with?

• No but you need to also take at least 1000mcg vit C along with it and take it 4 hours away from the levothyroxine

• Thanks for your response. Will try your suggestions.

• You might find this document of some interest:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...

• I think you need an increase in Synthroid. Both your Frees are below mid-range, when most people need them up near the top of the range to feel well. Plus your nutritional deficiencies, it's hardly surprising that you feel bad. :(

• I was increased from 100 to 112 mcg Synthroid but I was having heart palpatations really bad. So Dr. Told me to alternate the 100/112 and this is where I am at with this recent bloodtest.

• That's probably due to your nutritional deficiencies. I dare say it will be easier to increase when you get those sorted out.

• Are you gluten free?

thyroidpharmacist.com/artic...

• No I am not. Thanks for the link.

• May be worth a trial, can make a big difference to symptoms of fatigue. Can also enhance absorption of nutrients and lower antibodies.

• But consider having a test for celiac before u go g free.

You may also like...