Low back pain

Hi,

I'm a 69 yo Vietnam vet. With severe low back pain. Have tried just about everything including opioid pain pills 7.5 hydrocodone 5 pills a day. Still no relief. Tried the tens unit it helped a little not much. The va is going to give me an alpha stim m stimulator. I try it at the va. It seems to really be helping with the pain. It also has ear clips. I use the ear clips to help me sleep. It really works. Getting much needed sleep when I use the unit. I'm looking for other suggestions. I also have nureopthia in both legs. Can't walk very far. Wife pushes me in a wheelchair. I'm going to try to exercise and swim next. Hoping the alpha stim m will lower my pain so I can walk. When I try to walk the lower back pain is to severe. And my back locks up.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • First can I say Thank You for service!! You should ask gp for different meds as there are alot better pain meds than hydrocodone.You may even suggest percoset 10/325 probably best pain med I can suggest for back pain.I wish you the best.Peck ✌&❤

• Thanks

• Hi Bigrick52

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted you a link to our mother site, FMA UK which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

fmauk.org/

I want to genuinely wish you all the best of  luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

You may also like...