About - Fibromyalgia Action UK | HealthUnlocked
About Fibromyalgia Action UK
Up to 2.7 million people in the UK live with Fibromyalgia (Fibro) & the awareness of this condition remains very low.
Fibromyalgia Action UK (FMAUK) is a registered charity raising awareness & making evidence-based information about Fibromyalgia easily accessible. Fibromyalgia Action UK uses HealthUnlocked to provide those living with Fibromyalgia a way to communicate with others & share their experiences. We have community volunteers who also live with Fibro that work hard at maintaining a supportive & friendly community atmosphere. Many members post about diagnosis, research findings, treatments & all things Fibro plus we have regular polls, which starts an interesting discussion within the community.
- Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another
- Actively listen & have in mind that everyone deals with their own private challenges
- Post from your own experience
- "For me, this worked..." rather than "You should do this..."
- This is a space for peer to peer and emotional support
- The community does not replace the relationship or advice given by your healthcare professional
- Provide your sources of information
- Use well-known sources of information and add the URL to your reply or post
- No political or religious content please
- Let's focus on individual health experiences
- This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion
- No selling, no fundraising, no spam