Strange back pain

Strange back pain

Hi so I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia but I don't know much about it.

I've noticed I frequently get strange back pains. They are much worse if I'm tired, stressed or otherwise tense (e.g. from too much caffeine) but the pain takes awhile to build or fade I think and generally is strong for hours at a time.

The odd thing about the pain is it feels like blobs on my back. I'm tempted to draw dots on my back with a marker pen to find out if they move or what the look like but heres a rough image of what its like. Does anyone else get this? Is it linked to Fibro?

I'm wondering if they are glands?

note- the pain does extend lower down but the photo I pinched cut off here. Also the bulk of the pain is those small little dots around the shoulder blades.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I would probably think yes.I also have back pain but mine is lower back pain .I wish you luck with getting your pain in check.Peck🐤

• I am fortunate that I don't have the across the shoulder pain that often but can definitely say yes to the other sections and yes I can add the lower back as well. It can move around at random and can be aching, burning or shooting according to its mood. You have my sympathy.x

• Snap. :P

• The ones to the back of the head and across the shoulders sound like the ones I get that are caused by tension.

• A lot of my pain is exactly where you have shown yours is. It's definately worse if I'm stressed or tired and goes into spasm if I overuse these muscles. I use a hot water bottle on these areas, I find the heat soothes the pain. I've just started a course of physio and that's helping. Hope you find some relief soon, take care Kath

• Hi Miriamgibbs29

I am so genuinely sorry to read that you are suffering and struggling in this way, and I have quite a similar experience of back / shoulder as you do. Traditionally Fibro has been diagnosed by using the ''tender points test'' and I have pasted a link to information about this below. These include the back and the shoulders:

fmauk.org/latest-news-mainm...

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Hi yes mine is similar, shoulders mid back and horrendous lower back. In fact , my spasms started last night, so here we go again. I hope yours eases soon.x

• This is good to know, thanks everyone- its such a strange, weird pain to have!

You may also like...