I'm hoping someone can assist me or offer some kind of advice as i'm at a complete loss. I'm 22 years old and i've not had any proper kind of life since I was 19/20.. I feel 80 & some days feel like I don't even want to be alive anymore. And before anyone says no not because I suffer with depression.. because i'm depressed about all the constant symptoms I have.. I try to go out and I can't in comfort because these all hold me back no doctor seems to be able to help me or even diagnose me..
Before this I was a happy, outgoing, extremely ambitious person with a lot of dreams.. now I spend most of my time at home in my room because I feel too poorly to go out.. I do force myself but it's so hard..
- Onset of first symptoms was Boxing Day 2013
- I started to feel a heavy pressure in my head & dizziness.. felt terrified
- Doctor advised most likely sinus infection.. Given course of Ammoxocillin and it cleared up..
- Repeated trips to doctor for next 6 months or so with similar issues..
- November 2014 I got the same thing again and this time the Ammoxicillin didn't make me feel any better.. was given course of Doxcillin
- A few days later on the bus to work I started to feel 'weird'.. I felt like i'd just smoked a very strong spliff (although never been a weed smoker.. tried it as a teen).. I felt like I was half in a dream.. what is often described as 'Derealization'.. I felt drunk and 'Not with it'.. Also bright lights etc especially around fields with green grass etc made it feel proper trippy.. Literally like i'd taken drugs.. it sounds ridiculous.. This feeling has never left to this day & progressively gotten worse with no luck from doctors...
As of September 2016... and this is no excaggeration at all..
Head pressure / Headaches on left side / neckache
Muscle twitching / Spasm.. Mainly head does little jolt every now and then or feet when relaxed
Brain fog / much slower mental clarity
Difficulty thinking of words.. Mixing up words / Slurred Speech.. More spelling mistakes than usual
TMJ jaw pressure mainly left side also
Tremors / Shaky hands / Weak legs / Difficulty controlling movement / Difficulty walking straight often feels like i'm going to fall to one side
Difficulty falling asleep / Staying Asleep
Difficulty focusing on fast moving things (eg traffic going by or reading moving writing)
General feeling 'off' & derealization type feeling
Gassy discomfort pressure type feeling on left side.. Fizzing sound comes from throat in mornings.. Burping..Hiccups Passing wind often
Strange blurry vision
Cold symptoms / Sinus issues often / Aching muscles
Anger / Irritableness which is becoming severe (possibly due to the constant above symptoms and no resolution?!)
Depression (Again due to the constant above?! Maybe??)
Early 2015 - MRI Scan on brain *Clear*
CT Scan on Sinuses *Some mild inflamation but nothing to cause concern according to ENT*
Hearing test - Well i'm not going deaf so apparantly no issue with ears despite the loud tinnitus!!!!
Sep 2016 - Elisa Test for Lyme *Clear*
All blood tests through including thyroid.. vitamin defficiency etc *Clear*
I spent about 15 weeks on Citalopram for Anxiety / Depression.. did absolutely nothing and I came of them.. made me a bit calmer I guess but all my physical symptoms were still there
I'm 22 years old and I just want my life back.. i've quit smoking.. i've joined an expensive gym even though it's so hard to go due to my fatigue and other symptoms I do my best.. i'm taking fish oils.. vitamin tablets.. magnesium.. i'm literally trying everything..
I'm at a loss.. I can tell the doctors are too. I don't know what to do and i'm suffering a lot. The main bother for me is the cognitive stuff.. pain I can look by.. but the brain fog, not feeling myself.. trouble thinking and focusing.. As a young man I was part of a childrens radio station because I couldn't stop speaking.. now I struggle to piece a conversation together..
I'm sorry for the essay i'm just trying to find my cure.