Out of Action!

So, after an inspiring start, I got sick so had a few days off. Then I got a hospital appointment through and figured I'd just have to start at the beginning again so I'd just wait till after surgery.

Anyway... I went in on Friday. The op went well but the aftermath not so great. I had a strange reaction to something and had to stay in. I made it though (hurray!) and am home but I had no notion of just how much pain I'd be in! I thought I'd be back on my feet the day after but I haven't been able to get out of bed.

I had a laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy and large cysts were removed from both sides. Anyone have any idea when I will be able to run again? At present I struggle to put on my shoes! Xxx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Poor you! :( I have had this op too for a dermoid ovarian cyst but a few years back so wasnt running then but was pretty poorly for a while so just take it easy and don't rush back into the running until feeling ready. Get better soon!

Sue x

• get well soon! I haven't had any ops like that but I would echo Sue's advice to take it easy before running again. :-)

• Just wishing you well - sounds pretty tough that does. Hope you're feeling much better very soon. :)

You may also like...