Out of action :-(

Due to a miserable mix of injury (hurt a hip flexor muscle riding a bike too small for me...) and the dreaded Ofsted in my school for two days, I haven't run since Saturday, and I'm having terrible withdrawal symptoms! I'm just having 5 minutes away from lesson planning so thought I'd come and read some running posts instead. I really hope my leg feels better tomorrow so I can hit the treadmill when I get in!

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You'll be fine! Just rest up and make sure you're 100% ready to go. I had to take a full 7 days out due to my knees and it was AWFUL! I feel for you... take care! You won't have lost any fitness..

I'm about 95% less sore and heading out again tomorrow (new shoes need running in after all)... :)

• Thanks, that's reassuring.I have this vision of getting out there and not being to run anymore! Good luck with the run, and the trainers!

• I took a week off and thought the same thing - you'll be fine. Any more than 2 weeks and you start to notice it, but apparently the "science says" that 7 days off might increase your 5K time by about 1-2 seconds... (I did laugh a lot)... so no worries there! You'll be right back in the zone before you know it if you rest up properly!

• My sympathies re ofsted. We've been expecting them since September. Just praying they don't come now this term. Kids are already in Summer holiday mode.

• Oh heavens, my sympathies too. I have my last NQT observation and a big data entry deadline coming up, and that's bad enough!

• Hard isn't it? I'm in the same boat being a NQT, and with 3 lots of assessment data to input asap. All I want to do is sleep!

• Oh my goodness, you poor thing with Ofsted as well. Massive hugs

• I'm feeling the same. I have torn an intercostal muscle and haven't been out since Friday, and I've been feeling a bit down. It's painful too. Hoping to go on Fri or Sat.

It makes me realise how much I've come to love and rely on my running for good mindset.

• Ouch, I_will that's got to be sooooo painful! I'm guessing you're still on the injury couch. I got off briefly ( and it has to be said, prematurely) so I'm back and not going anywhere until Friday or Saturday either. :(

• Sorry to hear that :(

Frustrating isn't it? Let's treat ourselves to chocolate coated ibuprofen.

Coughing with torn muscle is most unpleasant, but hot running Dr assures me I'll be running soon. :-)

Here's to the end of the week for us both!

You may also like...