Is this acid reflux?

Hi everyone.. . So my anxiety symptoms have been doing pretty good. Up until about a week ago. .. Where my throat meets my chest I feel like there's something there. .. its there all day every day no matter what I eat. When i do eat it feels like my food won't go down and I then stop eating :-( I do burp more the usual lately. Someone please tell me how to stop this.. . I've tried tums.. Rolaids. . Zantac... nothing helps!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • do u have issue of Gerd? or heartburn? Last month I have that feeling, Anxiety can cause of acid reflux. Better lay down with two pilow in ure head to keep the acid at stomache, or visit ure gp to give u some med. Hope ure fine later!!

• may i ask you if you consume: meat, alcohol. do you drink coffee, milk.?

• I find Wilkinson's own brand of indigestion remedy helps most. It's also chearP1

• I used to get that a lot, but it seems to have been replaced by other things now. (I don't know why my anxiety moves on over time, but it does.) It's a very common symptom of anxiety, to the point where it's one of the criteria for diagnosing GAD. See item 18 in the list...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gener...

I never found a good way to make it go away, but I thought you might be reassured to know that it's common and (if there are no other symptoms) not a sign that there is anything serious wrong with your throat.

• I suffered with this for many years until discovering 'Remegel'.

They're about £3.00 from pharmacies & supermarkets (pack of 24) and so, so effective. xx

• Do you have any sternum pain ? Or a burning sensation in your sternum ?

• I get a pain underneath my sternum too and then hunger pains in my gut.... think it is acid reflux and I notice since Im dealing with a big stressor in my life it has gotten worse.

You may also like...