I BEGAN 5 YEARS AGO WITH HAEMORRHOIDAL SYMPTOMS, A STRANGE PUSHING SENSATION IN MY ANAL CANAL, AND CHANGE OF VERY REGULAR BOWEL HABITS. NO CONSTIPATION, NO BLEEDING, AND NO ITCHING. THIS PROGRESSED TO PROCTOGRAM SHOWING PROLAPSE IN ALL 3 DEPARTMENTS BUT WAS TOLD ALL WAS WITHIN LIMITS FOR PROLASPE. THE DISCOMFORT/PAIN WAS SO EXTREME THAT I THOUGHT I HAD AN ANAL CANCER.
LIKE MOST WOMEN HERE I HAVE BEEN AROUND THE WORLD TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT I HAD AND IT HAS BEEN A CONTINUING NIGHTMARE.
MANY LADIES ON THIS SITE HAVE HAD UNSUCCESSFUL SURGERIES THAT HAVE EITHER CAUSED NERVE PAIN OR HAD NERVE PAIN FOR OTHER REASONS. I AM HOPING THAT SOME OF YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.
This is where I am at now:
1. Early morning low back pain which refers into my anal region. I do not take medication as I am pain free with my back when I am up and mobile.
2. Horrendous discomfort in anal canal when sitting. It is discomfort I cannot live with as it disturbs my quality of life.
3. Incomplete evacuation with a need to wipe
4. Mid grade inutussusception (internal rectal prolapse) shown on proctogram
5. Mobile womb at entrance of Vagina (no dragging at end of day) which is usual with full blown prolapse, and no tissue escaping. Also no dragging in the anal canal at the end of the day, but 24/7 mild discomfort relieved when standing and walking.
6. Large bladder well down (no leakage)
7. Pelvic or sphincter exercises impossible with anal discomfort
8. Ring pessary does not make a difference
9. Some faecal urgency and occasional accidents
10. Suffered with lots of flatulence over the years.
11. Possibly lactose intolerant.
Hysterectomy and anterior repair. Or mesh suspension surgery. However a later anal surgery may be needed.
Possibly some banding, HALO surgery. EUA under examination. Ventral Rectopexy and possible sacracolpopexy.
I realise that many ladies have had complications on this site with regard to nerve pain. I am now after 5 years getting worse and this is effecting my quality of life. I am also not wanting to end up with Constipation which I DO not have as yet, although I am beginning to think my mild faecal continence is sometimes working in reverse at times and verging on constipation.
From my understanding the Ventral Rectopexy lifts the rectum and the bladder. By keeping my womb this is helping support the organs. However this surgery is not lifting the uterus and putting it into its original position. The add on sacralcopexy surgery lifts the neck of the womb, but not the complete uterus. I have no idea if I CAN have a hysterectomy after the above surgery at a later date.
Has anyone had the above surgery with my problems?
With regard to hysterectomy and anterior repair.
Has anyone had this surgery with good results.
Also has anyone had a very good scanning for these areas apart from proctogram?
For some reason colonoscopy, and proctogram are the only scans offered.
I have had in the past a MRI pelvis but I do not think it was zooming in on the bowel, bladder region! I had the scan for other reasons such as lumps near the sciatic nerve which have remained stable for 12 years, with no nerve pain down the leg.
There are no guarantees that these lumps may not be contributing to this but the stabilty they have shown with no growth and no pain down the leg is very positive.
And I am sure the lumps are a red herring.