No Smoking Day
2,847 members31,491 posts

Yay - Made it 1st Anniversary

Yay - Made it 1st Anniversary

Hello All,

Well I got here. Today is the 1st Anniversary of me quitting the fags.

It's been hard at times but so worth it now.

My next challenge is to get a fitter, so don't laugh but I've now started the Couch Potato to 5K training plan. Something I could not have considered a year ago (couldn't run up the stairs without my chest feeling like it was on fire then) so fingers crossed I stick to this too. Hopefully it'll help shift a few pounds in the process.

Best wishes to all who are also on the no smoking pathway.

Good luck,

J9_54

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Congrats and best of luck with the 5k. Quitting smokes opens up all sorts of opportunities.

2 likes

No chuckling from me about going for the couch to 5K. Go for it and don't let anybody put you off if you find it hard going; everybody finds it hard at first. Do you know there's a Couch to 5K community on here? Might be worth joining if you haven't already?

Congratulations on 1 year as well - great stuff!

3 likes

Thanks I'll have a look 😊

Very Nice J9_54...Huge congratulations..one year surely is a super achievement...Like the couch to 5K iniative .....You will do wellwith that as well..!!

2 likes

I hope so, it's really good to get encouragement along the way. Thank you. 👍

1 like

Huge congratulations J9_54 - hope you have a treat lined up for yourself - good for you doing the couch to 5k, you will fly it and will be so much easier than the quitting :O

Below is the link to the community Nozmo was talking about

healthunlocked.com/couchto5k

Thank you. I will take a look.

The first real exercise I've done since school so won't be pretty but hey ho nothing ventured and all that. 😉

Congratulations J9_54 and good luck with the running, will be another great achievement to add to your collection :)

2 likes

I hope so. Thanks for your kind thoughts. 😊

Congratulations

1 like

Way to go congrats to you.

1 like

Thanks looks like it won't be long before you have your anniversary too. Good luck.

You may also like...