I made it to 6 months!!!!!: Well it is... - No Smoking Day

No Smoking Day
3,698 members32,113 posts

I made it to 6 months!!!!!

reader2019
reader20196 Months Smoke Free
5 Replies

Well it is 6 months today that I quit smoking. I still get out of the blue cravings but they are easier to handle now. What I find strange is when I'm out somewhere and I smell smoke, from someone smoking, it smells good. But if a smoker gets close to me I can't stand the smell on them.

Also I have always been a patient person. But since I quit smoking people have felt my wrath. I have no problem telling people off now. I warned my family in the beginning of my quit. They have been pretty good. Once in a while my husband forgets. I remind him that I have 40 years of anger inside. In the past if I got mad I would just bite my tongue and go outside and have a smoke. I'm sure things will settle down eventually.

I am one of the people that has not had an easy quit. But I feel better than I did 6 months ago. I have more energy and feel healthier. So the struggle is worth it.

To all of you that are just starting this journey stay strong.

5 Replies
oldestnewest
Nozmo
NozmoValued Contributor

I still like the smell of smoke after almost 4 years! Ditto with the smell of it on a person though - I can't stand that smell.

Well done reader2019 , 6 months is a big milestone!

1 like
Anncarson
Anncarson50 Days Smoke Free

Congratulations on reaching 6 months - it is such an achievement. I too have been a bit ratty with people or perhaps the word is impatient so hope we both improve on that score. Keep up the good work 👍🤗

1 like
Gracecanquit

Congratulations reader2019! Wow, what an achievement.

None smokers will never know the struggle of quitting, but we do. And we’re very proud of how far you’ve come.

I can only hope that I’d be saying the same thing in 5 months.

1 like
reader2019
reader20196 Months Smoke Free
in reply to Gracecanquit

If I can do it you can!

1 like
Gracecanquit

I was just doing groceries and noticed that the price of a pack of 25 is now AU$37! That’s CA$33.50, or US$25.20.

Crazy!

You may also like...