No Smoking Day
2,637 members31,356 posts

I MADE IT:)

Good evening lady's and gents :) in 1hrs time 22.30 hrs I will be 1 year smoke freeeeeeeeeee yayyyyyy I made it :) let me tel you that I really never thought I would of made it to the penthouse and so did others to , but I proved to myself and others that being strong and willing you can fight your demons , my journey was one hell of ride with its ups and downs :( after joining this forum I found it a great help 😜 you guys are all fighters from day one thank you for letting me be part of your journeys as well as my own 👍I had smoked over 38 years costing around £ 65,000 💷💷crazzzzzzzy money up in smoke .

Looking back I can remember my first day of my quit , God I so needed a fag fix when I bought a latte in the morning 😭 but I got through it lol days after we're just as bad so I decided to go on a 12 week patch course , it did help me 😜then it was cold budgie for me

💪lol so as time went on in my quit I put on over a stone in chocolate blubber 🍰🍩🎂🍧🍩👅I'm now back to the size I need to be 😜I've done many hard things in my life , joining the army , doing marathons , gun runs , tough guy competitions , and many more but giving up smoking was mentally challenging but hey ho I'm ready to join old timers in that PENTHOUSE :)🍻🍻🍻 once again MANY THANKS 👍your all fighter don't forget that 💪👊🏻

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey Telboy61 - think this has been the quickest journey to the Penthouse I can recall from any member since I joined, all because you plodded along quietly in the background and just got on with it - I have enjoyed your out of the blue updates throughout your journey over the last 12 months and really delighted for you. I remember like yesterday your first post the picture you put up of you in the gym, you looked in great shape then so can only imagine how you look now :O

Its going to be some party in 20 minutes time and a real asset to have you with us in the Penthouse tonight - one for ya!

1 like

Awwww thank you Roisin01 love the tunes manythanks to you for your outstanding support , what a journey i had but like yourself and others on this forum helped me go forth and conquer my goal as a none smoker , so i will raise a pint to you all 🍺👍😎X

2 likes

hi Telboy61

happy no smoking day to you 😁 its like a birthday 😁

something to celebrate 🙌

good on you 😁

I'm not far behind you 😁

3 likes

Just over 2 weeks away Lizzy, proud of ya :)

3 likes

Cheers Thinlizzy54:) yeah it does feel very special when you finally get to the year mark such a weight off the old block as you look at each day , week , month , and boom the year is now :) 👍and yes your nearly there yourself :) party party party lol x

3 likes

I will raise a glass if my tipple to you

I will have a rum and black,just one ,😁

I cant drink nowadays 😒 old age creeping in ha ha

no just don't drink anymore,

enjoy 😁

3 likes

Thank you x

Welcome to the penthouse. Very well done

2 likes

Thank you Abuelajeannie:)

Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

Absolutely brilliant news!

You have nailed it. Well done. 😎😎

2 likes

Thank you mushen :) it'll soon be your time yayyy 👍

Congrats Telboy. Enjoy it this weekend.

2 likes

Thank you cocoaXchange:) 👍

yay Telboy you did it!!!!!!! Fab news and super proud of you😁 you just coasted along quietly giving great advise to the newbies along the way👏 👏 enjoy your sucess x 😊

3 likes

Many thanks nettynoono :) I'm feeling so happy :) and on the news today it's all about the 10th anniversary of smoking bans around the UK , never thought in a million years I could of been smoke free , a hard year but worth it 👍😎🍺👍x

I know Telboy, I still find it hard to believe that I managed the quit, never ever thought I could go one whole day nevermind 15 months!! But here we are happier,healthier and richer 😊😊

1 like

Partyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....!!!! Telboy..Huge congrats ...Well done Mate...This penthouse is becoming Rich in wonderful committed quitters...Damn it is good to be in excellent company ...Welcome and surely deserved..!!

1 like

Many thanks hercu :) it feels really great getting to this year mark :) I've got my waitress and butler ready to look after me in the penthouse lol 👅I'll see you at the bar mate for a celebration drink or 10 lol life is good 👍😎🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

1 like

Well done you incredible man!!! So inspirational 💛🙏🏻

1 like

Thanks jo:) 😎👍

1 like

Congratulations Telboy! You've kept yourself going and helped us all along the way - be proud of yourself!

Sorry to be late to the party...I've got some cans and some nuts....can I come in?

2 likes

Nozmo your a star mate 👍there will always be a jar🍺 for you mate , this party is never ending , so pop in when ever mate 🍸🍹🍺🍺

1 like

You may also like...