Men's Health Forum
17,015 members3,374 posts

Penis feels short and narrow after circumcision

I got circumcised two months ago and my wounds have healed nicely. My problem is that my penis now feels short and the shaft looks narrow. Is there anyone experiencing the same challenge or am I just imagining things? My partner seems to think it has shrunk too!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I will agree I think I’ve lost some length since my circumcision, not sure wether that’s because I had a long overhanging foreskin giving the perception of a longer penis.

Ive heard some people say removing only the foreskin shouldn’t affect the overall penile length because it’s not penile skin being removed. I’m still sceptical 🤨 however there is a definite lose of girth towards the glans as it appears to taper from the cut line.

Again my perception may appear different to yours as I have a high/tight circumcision with my scar 1” below the glans.

So my penis has a noticeable taper towards the glans but erect the glans expand giving a flared look making the rest of the penis look skinner.

But that’s just my opinion.

What style have you got/how far down is your scar?

It’s a question that will divide opinions.

Mine is high and tight.

Was yours medical or cosmetic?

Medical

Most unlikely. The only reasoning behind that could possibly be getting a tight cut, meaning your skin is holding your penis back a little, which would stretch in time to allow its full erection.

Though that doesn't happen that often. Your penis, around the head at least, might appear narrower coz now it is missing a layer of the foreskin that was attached to it, though in most circumstances its a couple of mm.

As for the length ... no circumcision doesn't make your penis smaller.

1 like

Thanks, I suppose it's because it now looks different and I'm over analysing.

Most likely man. Its a different look for sure. I mean when flaccid your penis might "appear" smaller than before but when erect, since your penis normally would have the foreskin retracted, there would be no different in appearance.

I actually think mine looks a bit bigger since my Op' but Mrs thinks it feels thinner during sex. How she can tell I do not know. but I am reasonably happy with how it looks.

Lol😆

Your foreskin was part of your penis. Now that the foreskin is amputated, you have less penis. Your penis is smaller because you have less penis.

The intact penis has two layers of tissue around it because the foreskin is a double layer. That is now gone, so the penis is narrower and has less bulk.

It is also shorter for two reasons. The overhang of the foreskin is gone. Also, there is less skin to permit enlargement and lengthening of the penis during erection, so it cannot expand to its full extent.

You are not imagining anything. Your penis actually is smaller. Did you consider that prior to granting consent for circumcision?

1 like

I unfortunately didn't know things would turn out this way. I go to gym and most circumcised guys I see there have huge aggressive looking penises. Every man wants to have that, so I thought I would have that too. One of these big guys actually told me that when he got circumcised he felt small too. But then with time, he healed and his penis went back to its normal size.

If you want your foreskin back, you can create a substitute by tissue expansion, but it takes years. It won't be as good as what you had cut off.

reddit.com/r/foreskin_resto...

That's also my experience. When everything has been healed it's gonna look normal again. My glans even has flared out and got bigger too. Just give it some time!

1 like

So when you think about you has lost a huge amount of skin, so you will look and feel thinner, your answer to this is pegym.com and get growing with penis exercises, and yes they do work, jelqing and stretching will work, but be warned its not a quick fix, it will take time.

But you will grow, like a lot of us there have, I still do them and pump with a Bathmate and I'm hitting 71 this summer and still gaining, we are a group of mixed age guys with a few women chucked in, and we all help each other when things get tough.

But if you want to grow this is the way, and its both ways, length and girth.

NOWHARD

2 likes

💪🏿

Strangely enough my wife said it feels thinner now !

It took me 2-3 months to get the whole length back. I had lost 1.5 inches

You may also like...