Men's Health Forum

Blood in penis after circumcision

Ok, so i was peeing and i saw blood come out of the scar that was under the head of the penis. I tried to wash it away and it was not working, it kept bleeding. 2 hours after i got circumcised i had to get sent back for bleeding problems cause the doctor forgot to close a blood vein, it really hurt, im getting off topic. Its been 2 weeks now and i feel super scared. If someone can help please do.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Do you mean 2 weeks since bleed or 2 week since op?

2 weeks since circumcision

Scared about what and what do you need help with. Its a bit of a general question :)

Scared of circumcision complications, and i want to know if it is

Well there is always a possibility of complications with every procedure but the risks of complications are rather low. Usually, there is no need to stress out honestly just be patient and don't read too many articles on the internet about possible complications ^^. Unless you have continued bleeding (heavy bleeding, a little blood is fine from the incision point), unusual redness, fever or yellow bad smelling puss (not to be mistaken with the normal yellowish liquid that is part of the healing) then you should be doing fine. The biggest problem usually after circumcision is sensitivity of the penis glans and erections during nights.

1 like

Thank you so much i was so scared, 😀

If you are still having issues with bleeding after 2 weeks I would get doc to take a look for reassurance.

Post a pic of wound and search others on here and you will be able to compare healing and issues with others. We're all in the same boat.

Not reading other answers, but, once u start bleeding they say to put a clean cloth'', or in my case, i just use toilet paper... but that could be wrong, anyway, put pressure on it untill it stops bleeding. I put pressure on my little wounds for about 1-2 minutes, but you can do it for 5-15 minutes they say. repeat each time it starts bleeding some sores on my penis still bleed slightly.. but now it's only very LITTLE bleeding. If you are bleeding, ALOT, and can't stop it, goto emergency room or to your Urologist.

Those are my suggestions, but im not a physician.

EDIT : Oh, and I don't know but in my case I am not going to put anything on it for maybe a day or two (no vaseline, antibotic)

I feel like letting it air dry helps it alot.

Thank you for helping me guys so much, it stopped bleeding so feel relieved 😀

I had blood only once while i peed it just run blood from under the head of the penis not from the head but it was only that no so serious bleeding. Consult doctor.

You may also like...