Angry: Feeling angry at my abuser today. I've... - Heal My PTSD

Heal My PTSD

8,049 members11,850 posts

Angry

88cev88 profile image

Feeling angry at my abuser today. I've also been having flashbacks which are making it hard to sleep. I'm sick of suffering! Why did this have to happen to me?

6 Replies

I have the same issue, anger comes and goes. Sometimes it’s sadness. Have you read about trauma?

88cev88 profile image
88cev88 in reply to swordfishll

Glad to know it's not just me. Yes, I have.

Nathalie99 profile image
Nathalie99Partner

I am so sorry you are having flashbacks, 88cev88. They are really tough and especially when they make it impossible to sleep. I have been through really bad ones at different times and couldn't get sleep.

It's possible something triggered you and I hope this will pass.

Sending support through this very difficult time.

P.S. it helped me to figure out why abuse happened and other traumas and it helped on the rational level. But on the subconscious level, it still didn't take the symptoms away so that was the moment I realised I needed a different approach.

88cev88 profile image
88cev88 in reply to Nathalie99

Thank you for your reply!

Abuse and trauma are complex subjects. I hate to say this but your abuser was a trauma victim in all likelihood too. Then there is the issue of repitition compulsion neuroplastity addiction entitlement mentality ....people have beliefs that are not grounded in medicine and psychology.

88cev88 profile image
88cev88 in reply to

That's very true. My abuser did complain about his mother so I assume she was abusive toward him. And yeah, some crazy beliefs out there indeed.

You may also like...