Mix of meds

Hi all,

i am taking 25mg of amitriptyline each night and during the day dihydrocodine, naproxen and methacarbamol when needed.

I have been getting bad leg pains and restless legs at night again and was given pramipexole for this which i only tried once.

Is anyone else on this sort of combo of meds or know if its safe to take pramipexole and amitriptyline?

I used to use a website that showed interactions between meds but cant remember what it was called!

Holly

Xxx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi, holly, there is a site called mediguard.org where you can list your meds and see if there are any contraindications,

hope this is of use

xx

• Hi Holly,

The best thing you can do is pop into a local branch of Boots, and ask at Pharmacy for a medication check up.

It's free, but you need to take a list of your meds with you.

The pharmacist will check that your prescription is safe for you, and will contact your GP if there is a problem. I have always used this service, and it's excellent!

I think other pharmacies do the same, but I'm not sure which ones.

Moffy x

• Hi Holly,I used to take Amitriptyline and Gabapentine they really help with painful,restless legs.I no longer take the Amitriptyline as I'm on Tramadol for pain and they don't mix.

• Ive heard from a few people they take gabapentin and amitriptyline, my go took me ofd gabapentin to start amitrptyline as he said i couldnt take the 2 but i think i need to ask about this as it seems many people do

X

• Is the Ami helping? I ask because research does not really support its use for Fibro longterm as it can end up either with effectiveness wearing off and/or with side effects becoming problematic.

Pramipexole is actually a recommended treatment for Fibro, but the dose needed for this is typically higher than that used for RLS, and initial side effects can be very difficult.

You may also like...