I'm in a bit of a quandary. My workplace is offering the flu jab at the moment, and I'm not sure whether to go for it or not. I've only ever had it once before, when I was still a teenager, and ended up with a horrendous cold shortly afterwards (which I understand is fairly common). I don't generally have flu (I'm inclined to think I've never had it, to be honest), which is why I've never bothered with it since. Obviously, with the fibro, I'd rather not have flu, though!
On the other hand, with my OH going in for major surgery in less than a fortnight, the last thing I can afford to do is get a cold, give it to him, and end up forcing a postponement of his op! I'm already chocking myself up with vitamin C and zinc to avoid anything that might be doing the rounds!
So, what do I do? Do I get the jab now and hope for the best, or do the same as I usually do and presume that I'll remain lucky on the flu-front? Or wait until he's out of the 'danger zone', and then get myself vaccinated?