W5R2 Best run yet!

Wow! I woke this morning with that nervous feeling in my tummy which must have got my adrenaline pumping which in turn made my run a great one.

I was worried last night as the back of my thighs felt tight and painful so I got Hubby to massage them, which really hurt! I was laughing and crying at the same time. They felt much better this morning so after eating a banana and some cereal, waiting an hour I hopped on my treadmill. I decided to cover over the time which really helped, the run seemed to go much quicker. At the end of the second run I even upped the speed.

I think for the first time I felt that my breathing was fully controlled and had no pain in my legs....bonus!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's great! Well done. Breathing really does make all the difference. You sound like you are in a great position to get on with the longer run at the end of week 5. I definitely found that breathing control helped massively on that run. Good luck with the rest of the plan!

• Thank you :) Good Friday is my big run so hopefully it will be good! I think I'll start a little slower and just up the speed if I feel I can!

• Well done Anica, bring on R3 and that 20 min run

• Thank you Patrick...I'm keeping my fingers crossed (until I start running that is!) :) Good luck with your next run too!

• I bet hubby really enjoyed that :)

Well done you...you are doing wonderfully! :)

• Thanks Oldfloss :) I don't think he enjoyed it too much, he pressed down that hard he hurt his thumb! 

Thank you everyone for all your comments, so encouraging.....I love this place! 

• OOps!

• I've got run 2 of week 5 tomorrow so I'm nearly at the same point.  I have done week 5 before and I think when there are fewer intervals you can find a rhythm a bit easier.  Good luck for run 3!

• Thank you....good luck for your run tomorrow :)

• Well done Anica !

Youre doing great, keep going ! :-) xxx

You may also like...