Would love some help with my bloods please. Background: was diagnosed early last year as hypo and started off on 25mg eltroxin. That stood me in good stead for quite a while, but then over the last few months there’s been rounds of illness around my house (including shingles for me among other minor ailments. Thanks to my petri-dish kids!). Anyway, couple of weeks ago I asked GP to do full range of bloods for me, which she happily did (lab ignored some of the tests she requested. Twice! So still haven’t got TPOs which is driving us both mad!):
Here’s what I know:
- TSH was 3.3 during first round of bloods and 5.1 on second round a couple of weeks later (I’d taken my eltroxin on the morning of the first bloods but not the second and in both cases couldn’t get morning appointments for bloods to be drawn). Range 0.27-4.2
- fT3 (second bloods only, ignored request first time!) was 3.5 range 3.1-6.8
- fT4 (second bloods only, ignored request first time!) was 13.9 range 12-22
- TPOs request ignored. Twice! (By lab, not GP!)
- tTG 0.4 range 0-6.9
- VitD 82.7 range 30-125
- VitB 317 range 197-772
- Folate 3.8 ug/L (no range)
- Ferritin 19 range 13-150
- She gave me a B12 shot yesterday.
- She’s upped my eltroxin to 50mg but told me to get back to her if I feel hyper and we can try alternating days 25/50.
- She reckons from above results that I’m low risk for Hashi’s and is chasing up TPOs for me
- She says I’m good for VitD at the mo but start a small supplement in winter
- She said to start Galfer for Ferritin/iron and try to increase dietary protein, iron and VitC to avoid constipation etc from Galfer.
- Can’t remember what she said re Folate. Think she advised supplement!
- She also advised zinc/selenium/magnesium (already taking magnesium citrate)
- Can you recommend a good Folate supplement please?
- i saw someone mention somewhere recently (can’t find it now!) that magnesium citrate isn’t a good idea. Anybody know why please? Google hasn’t helped.
- Any recommendations re zinc/selenium supplementation please? Brands, dosage, etc?
- I love/trust my GP, but would be interested to hear others thoughts on my numbers above and whether we’re missing anything and what your general impression of my numbers is please...
- Lab won’t do my rT3 for us, and have no idea what TPO really indicates and how much extra insight I’ll get from it. Thoughts please?
Thanks folks, really appreciate insights!