Test results-help pls

Hi All,

I am on NDT and haven't tested for sometime. but just had these done in last two days. I am much better but would say still only 60% as I still cannot do much more than a short bike ride up road and back without exhaustion. Still have certain amount of insomnia.

I have learnt to pace myself over last few yrs but it's v frustration not getting back to normal.

dose is 2 and quarter per day. Havent' been supplementing with anything else lately as thought better get up to date test.

Copy from blue Horizon today:

Test Patient Result Normal Range Units Comment

Biochemistry

CRP 0.90 <3.0 mg/L

Ferritin 114.9 20 - 150 ug/L

Thyroid Function

Free T4 17.12 12 - 22 pmol/L

Free T3 5.39 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

TSH L <0.005 0.27 - 4.20 IU/L

T4 Total H 143.1 64.5 - 142.0 nmol/L

Immunology

Anti-Thyroidperoxidase abs 13.0 <34 kIU/L

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs H 183.0 <115 kU/L

Vitamins

Vitamin B12 325 Deficient <140 pmol/L Insufficient 140 - 250 Consider reducing dose >725

Serum Folate 12.82 10.4 - 42.4 nmol/L

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Cat69, thyroid levels are good but there is scope to increase dose as neither FT4 nor FT3 are top of range. I recommend 1/4 dose increases at 4 week intervals as you may be close to your optimal dose and retest 6 weeks after you reach 2.75mg.

Thyroglobulin antibodies are positive for autoimmune thyroid disease (Hashimoto's). Members have found 100% gluten free diet helpful in reducing Hashi flares, symptoms and antibodies.

chriskresser.com/the-gluten...

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/about_...

B12 can be deficient <500 and PA Society recommend 1,000 is optimal. Supplement 1,000mcg methylcobalamin and take a B Complex vitamin to keep the other B vits balanced.

CRP, ferritin and folate are good.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Hi Clutter

thanks for you advice.... would there be any benefit of adding in some t4 separatly?

i have tried every now and again just adding in an eight approx of ndt extra but all it does within a day or so is cause more joint pain and general worsening of physical fatigue. So it doesnt seem to agree with me. is this because i am getting too much t3 and just need but more t4?

• Cat69, possibly. Try adding 12.5-25mcg T4.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Hi Clutter

thanks so much for your help

x

• may want to check your d3 level because it can cause exhaustion and fatigue....

You may also like...