I was diagnosed hypothyroid in May last year but diagnosed Hashi's in January 2014.
My Endo has ordered a repeat thyroid function test (only TSH and FT4 if TSH is high) and coeliac screen, but what I'd like to know at present is what other tests are worth asking the GP for apart from the typical battery that includes ferritin, folates, Vitamin D and Vitamin D.
Seeing as my Endo is ordering a coeliac screen and repeat thyroid function test I don't think it would do much harm if I went back to my GP and see if there was anything else I could be tested in to see what was going on.
Note: I am also iron and Vitamin D deficient and take supplements for this, although notably my Vitamin D meds have been stopped as GP thinks I am doing fine without them. I am also on 150mcg thyroxine.
I've been tested in December for Anti-TPO which is elevated yet has halved within 11 months.
Last thyroid function tests have come back with the TSH at 2.7 (0.27-4.2). No FT4 as TSH was normal and GP lab does not usually carry out FT3 testing.
Addison's has been ruled out with a Short Synacthen Test.
I've tested positive for ANA antibodies with HeP2 (speckled).
I have also underwent a saliva test.
* Constipation worse when eating wheat/flour/gluten. I was told this is not coeliac disease as diarrhoea occurs after eating wheat/floud/gluten and a coeliac screen was negative
* Dry/flaky skin
* Joint pain
* Heavy/early/late/short periods
* Short menstrual cycles - every 22-25 days (they were every 27 days)
* Painful periods
* Clumsiness/falling over/slipping/stumbling/dropping things
* Hyperpigmentation on back, legs and around eyes
* Puffy eyes
* Hair loss at outer third of right eyebrow
* Intolerance to cold
* Inability to gain weight (currently 7 stone 10 pounds/49 kilograms and body mass index is 19.7 - just about healthy)
* Slow heart rate - currently 54-63 beats per minute
* Low body temperature - currently 36.4-36.9 Celsius
* High blood pressure - has been as high as 131/95 but has since fallen to around about 109/70
* Mood swings
* Brain fog/forgetfulness
* Muscle weakness
* Excessive daytime sleepiness
* Nausea - seems to improve after eating something sugary
* Headaches - seem to improve after eating something sugary
* Watery eyes
* Easy bruising
* Pale skin
* Thin/fine hair
* Excessive hair on face, bikini line and legs - sorry, I've always had this but I've accidentally missed this off when doing my family history, medications, test results and symptoms from scratch!
Mum - Diabetes Type 1 and Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
Nan - Diabetes Type 1, High Cholesterol and Angina
Grandad - High Cholesterol and stroke before 40.
* Had infantile eczema/chickenpox
* Underwent operation in 2011 for a repair to the iliopsoas tendon (tendon in the hip) due to Hip Tendinitis/Snapping Hip Syndrome
* Have got generalised joint laxity/hypermobility
So yes, are there any other tests other than those above which are indicated for Hashi's patients with symptoms similar to mine? E.g., vitamins or minerals apart from folate and iron? Or am I just likely to confuse myself all the more by going ahead with more tests?