Here is my story... I was fine smoking 20 cigs a days approx... Before this happened to me I had drinks two days before and ate out next day in a restaurant... Highly acidic food I would say. The day it happened I had black coffee and smoked two cigs in my wash room and after that begun bath. While bathing my breath become short and rapid i felt my BP is rising... I was bending again and again to pick water by mug from the bucket and seems it made the acid reflux. Anyway.. I ended the bath and rushed to doctor where my BP was 110/190. Was given some injection to reduce BP. Had burning sensation around my solar plexus and was given to drink some antacid. I was referred to cardio. I did ecg and 3d stress echo and various blood test all normal. was put in CCU overnight for observation. all test were fine. send back home. But my breathlessness and anxiety and sensation around left side of chest continued. I was prescribed buosprin which i stopped taking after few days as it gave me insomnia. Than docs gave me alprax and amlopress for BP and anxiety. Met with gastro Doctor and he declared I have GERD. and put me on nexium and refereed me for endoscopy. I did not do endo. Did not get relief. My breathlessness may hit me anytime....I became sensitive to loud sounds and bright lights...two weeks passed fighting chest sensation, breathlessness, BP irregular but only when breathlessness hits me... Met another doctor and she prescribed me with ciplar and pexcep cr... and other antibiotics for GERD. later pexcep cr and antibiotics discontinues and replaced by nexito plus.
3 weeks passed with zero smoke...what I feel today is:
1. at times thoughts like death and end of life makes me anxious and that hits my anxiety button. career and other aspects like money also hit my anxiety button if I think about them.
2. Breathing issues like rapid and shallow continue... I have lost focus and low in energy.. cant run and exercise as I am scared to loose breath. I only walk for 30 minutes in relax mode.
3. No craving for smoking. had one sided pain on right temple for two days took voveran sr 75 mg.
4. I smoked 20 cigs everyday from last 18 years. quit last year in 2015 fro 2 months without any trouble.
5. Planing to meet Psychiatrist and pulmonologist for anxiety and breathing issues.
have been on zero caffeine and all natural foods vegies and fruits... Still feel sick!