Fear, insecurity, helpless

i keep having dreams nightmares /daydreams where I am being chased by something ! I do not know what it is ,who it is or even if there is anything really there although I feel its presence . I am awake but am asleep I scream out but there is no sound and then suddenly I am really awake ! Neighbour ringing my bell asking if I am ok , I am really afraid I want company but I don't want anyone to know my fears my insecurity or that I feel helpless unable to do anything about it, yes I did think of hypnotherapy but I am even afraid of that what happens if I find out I am blocking something bad out of my mind ? What happens if I find out something has happened to me in the past and that's why my memory is so confused? I really don't know ! Perhaps my real fear is finding the answer? I was badly burnt many years ago which I have the scars to show but I have never found out how they happened as that was during the time I get confused with my memory , I know I am a decent person just a bit screwed up perhaps do we all go through this but some handle it better than folk like me? I don't know what do you think???

6 Replies

• I really relate to what you're sharing. I had similar experiences of feeling like I was being chased, but not sure by who. I finally had one dream that was very revealing, and it led me to try some inner child work that I had thought sounded silly.

What I discovered was that the memory of a violent incident - which had been buried in my subconscious - was horrific, but not as bad as not knowing. When I didn't know what was going on, my imagination could go all sorts of directions, and that didn't help. When I knew what really happened, I could begin to work toward healing it.

Here's a post I wrote about the experience:

Good luck as you move to heal your nightmares and daydreams!

• Hi, Dan ,I have tried Gestalt I use it when I get angry rather than being violent towards a living being I take my anger out on a pillow or scream into one whichever seems right at the time, I am still trying to get support from the mental health services , but apparently unless you attempt to harm someone or yourself they don't give any help

• That's wonderful, Dell01, that you already use Gestalt. Yes, getting the anger out on a pillow or with screaming - awesome! I've heard the mental health services aren't very much help.

• That must be awful, Dell. I understand about the constant bad dreams, but mine don't usually follow me during the day. I don't sleep much at night... too many bad dreams for too many years.

I guess the question about undergoing hypnosis is whether not knowing is better than taking the chance of really having fears to deal with worse than what they are now. I don't know that I would risk it, but that's just me. I have enough real fears without worrying about looking for trouble. But, that's a question only you can answer. I think that sometimes those fuzzy memories are a way our minds deal with the trauma. Our mind's way of protecting us from the full horror.

I hope you can find the answer that's best for you.

• I lost my nerve doing the hypnosis route So am trying to find something more suitable thank you AnyaC

• I'm glad you made the decision that's comfortable for you. Go with your instincts! :) There are times we must force ourselves to step out of our comfort zones, but that isn't one of them.

Be kind to yourself... <3

You may also like...