Change in Meds

Morning everyone I hope you are well. So I have been to my GP this morning as my 15mg Mirtazapene was giving me a few problems and I am now on 20mg of Fluoxetine, unfortunately I do have to wait 2 weeks to start this medicine and get the mirtazapene out my system. Has anyone had experience on Fluoxetine so I have a bit of info before I start? Doctor has told me to watch for stomach cramps and my anxiety to get worse! Any advice would be great :-) X

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi, You sound like you have a very good GP who is willing to listen and change your medication to one with hopefully less side effects.

I am afraid I have taken neither of these drugs so cannot help you in that way but I feel sure other members here will tell you of their experiences.

Good luck!

Xx

• Good luck with the change over.

• Thank you!

• Good Morning HanLea, ahh that was quick work getting meds changed, hopefully these will be better for you my friend. I have not taken them myself but have heard from various people that have or do still take them and say they are very good. Good luck with them & let us know how it goes.

Luv Jan xx

• Thanks Janet, My GP is brilliant. Hopefully I can get some advise off somebody xx

• Hi @HanLea

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? I have never taken Fluoxetine myself but it is another type of Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). I have pasted you a link below to the NHS Choices cache on this medication:

nhs.uk/conditions/SSRIs-(se...

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Thank you very much for that link!

• Good luck my friend :)

• Been on them for several years now and have had no side effects at all, I wish you well...x

You may also like...