Hi just wondering if anybody else with fybro is always hot I wake up sweating even in the winter with no heating on it takes me several hours to control my body temperature and then I never get cold unless I'm ill my doctors has no answer and most people think I'm weird I don't even own A coat and stand in the school playground everyday in short sleaves It can get quite embarrassing when trying to talk to someone sweating like a pig when the temperature gauge in the car say 2%

Any ideas anyone?

12 Replies

• It is fairly common with fibro, I was told by my GP that we have what amounts to a dodgy thermostat. x

• I suffer overheating & it really is horrible to live with. Mine is generally alot worse at night. Wakes me up, dripping wet. I hate it.

My Dr says has no answer for it

• I also have problems with being really hot most of the time. Usually worse at night and keeps me awake. I sweat a lot too, even in winter! Not sure if it's down to the fibro or hormones ( I have PCOS too).

I hope you can find a way to keep cool and as comfortable as possible.

Gentle hugs

Becky xxx

• Sorry guys that you are all suffering with hot sweats. I have the opposite problem i cant get warm. Everyone else is in tee shirts and im wrapped up in a jumper and coat. I do sometimes feel too hot but not often.

It is caused by a malfunction of our Autonomic systems, the bit of us that controls

temperature.blood pressure. heart rate ect.

Not a lot that can be done to ease it im afraid.

But I hope that you do find ways that will help.

Hugs sue xx

• Hello

I think we all suffer from that one, I can tell you to make a

List of things you eat in the evenings. And cut them out one at a time and see if it makes any differience

For me and kind of suger, chocolate, wine bread, biscuits.

Fruit the list goes on also a full tummy

Chocolate makes it very hard to get any sleep.

Try and see if you find any differience

• Frequently feel like this, always sleep with window open. But, also get really cold when feeling worst and cannot warm up at all. My thermostat is definately broke !

• Hi Lorrainespad

Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I genuinely hope that you find the forum useful, informative and loads of fun! I have pasted you a link below to our mother site, FibroAction which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

FibroAction Website:

I have heard from many Fibro sufferers who constantly complain of feeling too hot and / or sweating profusely. There is a condition called Hyperhidrosis which it would appear that many Fibro sufferers also have to contend with. I have pasted you a link below to the NHS Choices cache on Hyperhidrosis, and it gives information about the condition and help with treatment:

NHS Choices - Hyperhidrosis

I want to wish you all the best of luck with this issue.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Hi, I also overheat at night, often waking up soaking wet from sweat, even hair wet, with heating off & window open, and then during the day I'm often freezing cold & can't get warm, especially when I'm tired.

Afraid I don't know a solution, but u are not alone x

• I often feel extremely hot at night but I find I have trouble controlling body temperature I can be really hot but have really cold feet dosnt make sense. I can feel the slightest draught to make me feel cold even when it's warm out. My family laugh at me . I need a new body thermometer.

• Hi Lorraine, I will at times have my whole head start to sweat that you could just wring my hair out and it can be any season. I also feel my whole body burning up from the fibromyalgia. I have been in a severe flare up for 3 years now since I had a total knee replacement. Need the other knee done but the surgeon won't do it because she said the fibro will be worse than ever. Its been a nightmare of pain. I hope you feel better or I should say cooler. .Dianr

• I get both one min hot as hell next so cold its unreal but I sweat a lot and my skin feels like its burning x

• Me too. I am always hot. I never have the duvet on me. It's such an awful feeling. I hate wandering round the shops On good days as I am literally dripping. It's the same with housework. The smallest task can make me look like I have just taken a shower. I find it desperately embarrassing. Damn you never happened to me before this

You may also like...