Fibromyalgia Action UK
39,686 members51,804 posts

Do dizziness and feeling really hot come with fibro?

I keep feeling like the top of my head is lifting off. Soooo dizzy. And boiling hot. Anyone else get that? X

25 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi crop How are the fluffies? behaving I hope heheh!

It could be side effects from medication? what meds do you currently take?

xxxzebxxx don't forget the science museum trip you may get answers there :o

Not taking anything except paracetamol. Waiting to start a pain management course in December x

yeah! I agree with Haribo especially since you only take paracetamol. I get it too only sometimes mine is my vertigo smacking me in my backside sideways til I fall over hahah!

xxx The coach is here for the virtual trip to the science museum... you coming?

Got to stay horizontal for a while xx

Hi crop,I get the dizziness a lot and also I sway when I walk sometimes.I get really dizzy when I've bent down and then get up.Sometimes I feel really cold and other times I do feel quite hot and sweaty.As far as I know it's all part of fibro x

Thanks. Makes me feel much better x

exactly how I am. especially in evening hot one minute then cold the next.

Me too! Weird feeling isn't it? X

Me too, freezing so I get a jumper, by the time I sit back down I'm sweating again!

Soooooooo annoying isn't it? X

Hi Crop

As Zeb says could be meds or fibro or maybe you have a chill!

do join us it will be fun and free just us being silly!!

xxgins

Thanks. Not taking anything except paracetamol at the moment. Starting pain management course December. How do I join you? I'm new to the site x

I think we're using Gins post about the coach at the moment! xx see you there xx

Got to stay horizontal for a while now with eyes shut. Enjoy the trip x

You just join in on the post that says about the trip to the science museum :)

Thanks x

Hi crop I think it's something to do with fibro, I gat quite a lot especially when I have forgotten to take my blood pressure tablet, .. See you on the coach ...gentle hugs ...Dee xx

Thanks xx

Hello Crop,

I experience hot sweats, followed by cold/clammy faint episodes frequently usually after eating.

For our interest as I think I may be experiencing this please see the link below about PoTs (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) from the Charity Stars

stars.org.uk/patient-info/c...

If this continues I would consider reporting it to your GP as per any new symptoms that persist and he/she would be able to provide a diagnosis.

I think I may have experience PoTS due to the likelyhood of it occurring post pregnancy but I have yet to have a diagnosis. However, I felt the community may be interested in the information above, as always please consult a medical professional for a confirmed diagnosis.

Hope this helps

Emma :)

Gosh, never heard of that. Don't think it's me as I don't have increased heart rate. But if that's you, you should definitely look into it xx

Thank You Crop, very kind of you to say. I have an appointment with the Rheumatologist on the 15th October about it. :)

Good luck xx

Yes I too get this but although I have Fribo and Spondylosis as well as other things I thought it was the start of the menopause! Sorry peeps :)

yup, dizziness and hot hot hot! Feel like a cartoon thermometer where the top just explodes! Forever peeling off layers and putting them back on. Does seem to be fibro thing. Damned annoying as I had years of that when I was doing the menopaus thing! GRRR! :)

Me too never sweated much before I got fibro but have sweat pouring off me when working its mad !!!

You may also like...