Hi everyone I have noticed that of late there are a number of us experiencing periods of depression/anxiety and stress so decided I would post some info regarding breathing exercises.
I have taken the information from my pain management course worksheet and not just pieced it together off experience.
Hope you find it useful and of course!..................
................the post wouldn't be mine if it didn't include soothing fluffies xxxzebxxx
1) Sit comfortably with uncrossed legs and hands flat on your stomach. Relax your shoulders and imagine that your lungs are divided into three parts.
2) Breathe in gently.
3) Visualise the lower part of your lungs filling with air as your stomach rises.
4) Then... Imagine the middle part of your lungs filling with air.
5) Imagine that the upper part of your lungs are filling up with air and your lungs becoming completely full.
6) Hold your breath for 2 seconds then breath out slowly and relax
7) Breathe gently in then out without holding your breath and feel your stomach rising and falling under your hands.
8) Continue for a few minutes until you feel calm and relaxed, two or three times is usually enough or you may begin to feel light headed! ( If at any point you feel light headed then stop the exercises).
Well there you go peeps I hope it is useful xxxzebxxx