I'm sure this has probably been asked before on this forum but I had a look through and couldn't see anything recently. After umming and urring about whether to have IVF before or after a Laprascopy, after advice from you lovely people on here and an email from Robert Winston (Genesis Trust) I've decided to get the op done before, currently booked for May 5th.
I've got small endometriomas on both left and right ovaries so doctor thinks I've at least got stage 3 endo. As this is going to be my first op I wanted to ask your advice on what to expect, questions below:
- How long is the surgery and on average the recovery time? I've had laprascopic surgery before for gall bladder removal and it took around a week so I'm guessing this is going to be similar.
- How is your first period afterwards usually? Heavier and more painful or lighter?
- How long realistically after the op can you have sex?
- What are the chances of natural pregnancy afterwards? And, how long should you give it before going in for IVF? My NHS gp has said that we should try naturally for 3 months and if nothing then go in for the IVF (we're currently entitled to 2 free rounds). I'm 34 (35 in October) low AMH 8 pmol, FSH 6.5 so don't want to wait too long.
- What sort of questions should I be asking my consultant? He already knows that we are trying to conceive so he'll be applying that in the surgery.
- Last question, bit of a random one but for those ladies that have experienced stabbing pains up the bum - where has this correlated to the location of your endo?
Thanks for reading and any advice you can think of for a first timer appreciated!