Couch to 5K
54,617 members87,088 posts

Yippee - Off and running again

Well this morning I was up and out for the first time in 4 weeks for a gentle recovery run, OMG did it feel sooooo good.

Just ran 3.2Km and it was slow too approx 20 minutes but no hip pain, legs felt fine, asthma was so so but the cold air does that to me. So asthmatics out there, take your inhalers with you these colder days just in case.

Its nice to be back into a normal routine again.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying injury free. :)

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done to you oldgirl. Nice and gently back in the swing again.

Does it make it more comfortable if you wear a buff and breath through that to start with ? Just a tip I read in a winter running article.

Glad you enjoyed your run :-)

I have asked if Santa has any for old girls for christmas!! So I've got my fingers crossed :)

If you (or Santa) don't want to pay Buff prices, there are plenty of inexpensive alternatives - then you can have a few different colours ;-)

ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sop=...

I've got a few 'cos I use them when I'm motorcycling as well :-)

I managed to pick up 2 in SportsDirect shop yesterday for £5.99 each reduced from £11.99, I like buy 1 get 1 free prices! :)

Well done oldgirl! Good to have you back, glad your hip is better. Take it easy.

Lovely to read you're up and running again Oldgirl. :-)

sounds like you had a lovely recovery run, glad you are back on your feet :-)

welcome back :)

Good to have you back!!!! :)

Soooooo pleased your run went well Liz - good for you, you grind those gremlins down girl :-).

Well done, Sara :-) xox

You may also like...