Parkrun - I love it!

Graduated back in April, but I put off doing a parkrun for months, my first one was 4 weeks ago and I really enjoyed it.

Since then each week I've done a new PB which I'm amazed at - I really enjoy the parkruns so to anyone who's a bit scared or apprehensive about doing one (as I was) I would say, just go for it, no-one cares how anyone else looks, how fast/slow they run, it's a very friendly environment - I should have done it weeks ago! :)

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You're doing really well to go every week; and to improve on your PB too! Great stuff :)

• Thanks! :)

• I agree 100% with that statement, well done on getting PB's 4 in a row. I enjoy doing duties at my Parkrun it gives you a chance to get to know other like minded people. I hope you have NHS C25K logged as your running club too. Well done.

• Thanks I'm going to be volunteering in a couple of weeks, I like how they cheer people on, so I'll be looking to do the same :)

• Go you"! I decided t have a lie in!

• Well I'm waiting to see what happens when I wake on a Saturday and it's pouring down, but so far so good!

• Fab blog, well done, don't get to parkrun as often (trying for once a month) but it is fun!

• Thanks and yes it is great fun! :)

• Well done! I work on a Saturday so can't make them except for when I get a day off but they are great aren't they? Like you I was putting it off and wish I'd taken the plunge a lot sooner.

• Thanks yes they are great, very friendly, I'm glad I didn't wait much longer before I started going :)

You may also like...