Couch to 5K
76,178 members β€’ 107,706 posts

Headington 5 (Mile) race

Took part wearing Eynsham Roadrunners colours for the first time so was feelin a tad apprehensive and nervous.

It was a cool morning, ideal for running and a relatively flat course πŸ€—

Met up with a friend from the bike club who runs for a Swindon club, and a large team from the ERR πŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

There were about 500 runners taking part so I positioned myself at around mid field for the start.

I went off at a lively pace for me and had doubts I’d be able to sustain it but, after the first mile, thought β€˜let’s give it a go’ as I was feeling really comfortable. I was counting down the mile markers and checking my pace.....couldn’t believe I was actually running at sub 10min mile pace at 3miles 😳

This continued for the last 2 miles, breathing was even and legs still felt strong..... I think I have your β€˜robot legs’ Sadie-runs 😊

I entered the finish straight amid cheers from fellow club members and crossed the line in 49.14.... not bad seeing my target was 52mins, I beat my previous 5ml best by over 4mins.... and set a 5k PB of 30.22 knocking over 2mins off my previous πŸ˜³πŸ€—

Feeling full of confidence now, bring on the GNR 😁

Happy running folks

6 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

That's a tremendous pace Ted πŸ˜€ It sounds like you've timed your training perfectly for the big one in 2 weeks time. Good luck!

1 like

Thanks Mike, can’t wait til the 9th now 😊

1 like

Wow! Good work, Ted, well done! Your pace was cracking. Glad you enjoyed the loan of the robot legs. 😁

This was just the boost before the GNR that you needed and I am so pleased for you, Ted. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sadie-runs xxx

1 like

Thanks Sadie, you’re right, it is a massive confidence boost. Got a 4ml club race on Thurs evening, going for a crack at sub 6min/km pace 😊

Crikey Ted, you had wings! Fabulous achievement - very well done! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

1 like

Thank you, there must’ve been Red Bull in my coffee 😊

1 like

You may also like...