Week 5 - the dreaded run 3!: OMG I actually can... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,991 members β€’ 121,237 posts

Week 5 - the dreaded run 3!

Couchpotato1972
Couchpotato1972Graduate
β€’14 Replies

OMG I actually can't believe it. I've just run for 20 mins. Kept it slow and steady but kept going and I LOVED it!

I have never enjoyed any exercise before and now I actually look forward to my runs (except this one - which I dreaded but then smashed it!).

5 weeks ago I was the definition of a couch! Never run before, over weight (still working on that one) and leading a ridiculously busy life with 'no time' for exercise. This programme really works, I've rerun a couple of runs along the way but I feel amazing that I managed to run non-stop FOR TWENTY MINUTES!

If I can do it really anyone can. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I under-went Chemo, surgery and radiotherapy. Thank G I am 2 years in remission but it's taken time for my body to recover. Running is the next stage to keeping me healthy and cancer-free.

Thank you to everyone for all your posts. It's been really useful to read about other people's journeys and been a big support knowing others have succeeded.

Bring on week 6.

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

Well done and congratulations!

Couchpotato1972
Couchpotato1972Graduate
in reply to Tasha99

Thanks

Beestonbabe
BeestonbabeGraduate

Hi, just to say well done. I too remember dreading that one, and now I am up to the 25 minute runs and still amazing myself!

I too am a breast cancer survivor, 12 years ago for me, so keeping well is so important, and when I hit 55 in April, I decided I needed to get fit, so here I am 7 weeks on and loving running, something I never thought I would say. Best wishes going forward , you will do great. πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

1 like
Couchpotato1972
Couchpotato1972Graduate
in reply to Beestonbabe

It's a wonderful feeling. Keep running you're almost a graduate!

1 like
wyersmith
wyersmithGraduate

Wonderful stuff! Well done! Carry that positivity through to w6 and you’ll smash it. Good luck!

1 like
Marvo69
Marvo69Graduate

Fantastic! Well done!!

Another W5 hero!!

1 like
Bridget007
Bridget007Graduate

Well done! It’s such an amazing feeling isn’t it 😊 from wondering if you can run for 1 minute to running for 20 πŸ˜ƒ go you!

1 like
Lola333
Lola333Graduate

Well done, what an achievement ⭐️

1 like
Dexy5

Well done, you are on an incredible journey πŸ˜€β­οΈ

1 like
Feistlet
FeistletGraduate

Well done. I’m the same, three years on after same range of treatment. Had to take a step back and spend 6 months on the injury couch but am getting back on it now! Have recently got back to 20 mins πŸŽ‰ Keep well! X

1 like
Couchpotato1972
Couchpotato1972Graduate
in reply to Feistlet

You too x

Saartjie
SaartjieGraduate

Well done! πŸ’ͺ

1 like
Hidden
HiddenGraduate

Bless you. I did it yesterday & I still feel on a high - well done for doing it in the face of such adversity. Not to be a Debbie downer but we need to watch out for W6R1 - apparently it catches people out. Looking forward to the challenge though. We can do it - we got this. Good luck & keep us posted

1 like
flossieflyblow

Fantastic! Well done you! It's amazing what you can do once you've got the bit between your teeth.

I had surgery and unspeakably disgusting internal radiotherapy for uterine cancer and managed C25K. It's a great help to keeping active and keeping you mentally 'together'.

Be proud!! xx

You may also like...