Bbc breakfast inspiration !: Hi we also watched... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

110,425 members β€’ 142,917 posts

Bbc breakfast inspiration !

Tjt63
Tjt63
β€’10 Replies

Hi we also watched bbc breakfast this morning and hubby and me dig out our keep fit wear and gave it ago ! Both have been members of gyms but the cost outweighed everything , great that you get reminders and inspiration along the way in your ears ! Very proud of our first outing .. what a beautiful day to start

2 overweight over 50s ready to change for the better ! πŸ‘

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
VictoriaRuns
VictoriaRunsGraduate

Wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Couchto5kLaura , you caught another two!

RainbowC
RainbowCGraduate

Welcome! The first run is the hardest, but you've got each other for moral support and encouragement, as well as the forum here :) Great start!

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Welcome..it was great wasn't it... for many of us Laura is a close friend:)

Please check this post out..there is a wealth of tried and tested info' for Newbies..:)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

The mantra is slow and steady..( I am infamous for it...but it works) Take it gently and keep posting for great support and advice:)

Well done BOTH!

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Welcome.

Do read the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5... for loads of tips.

Enjoy your journey.

Tasha99
Tasha99Graduate

You can have your own music on if you use the bbc get inspired C25k app, same thing but a bit more up to date.

Thank you all for your great support ! Means so much , yes we had our music on and Jo Whiley kept me going with her soothing voice , my husband had some comedian !

When we started I was abit nervous was haven’t run for over 30 more years! As you say it’s a gentle start so nothing that is too much , I will keep posting our journey !

Getfitok
GetfitokGraduate

Good for you, that's brilliant😊

Nice work! Have you been for your second run yet? :)

Tjt63
Tjt63 in reply to Couchto5kLaura

Yes did 2nd run , really good , unable to do 3 yesterday but hoping to get out weekend πŸ‘

GoGo_JoJo
GoGo_JoJoModerator

Well done. Great decision. This programme is fantastic and it teaches you more than just how to run.

πŸ‘πŸ˜

You may also like...