Couch to 5K
57,669 members90,166 posts

Right hip/pelvis pain, post run

I've just returned to c25k after a few months break. I've started where I've left off (Wk4) and yesterday completed Wk6 run2. I'm really enjoying it now that it's stepped up a gear. Only trouble is hip/pelvis pain post run. I stretch pre and post, and do the 5 mins warm ups and downs. Hip/pelvis is tender to touch post run, using stairs is particularly painful as is twisting whilst walking. I don't want to stop as I'm enjoying it so much. I had a 5 day break which didn't make much difference. Any ideas? I don't wear headphones as this was affecting my knees due to not hearing how hard I was impacting the ground (someone on here helped me out that time too!) It's bearable bit would prefer to run injury-free 😉

Cheers, Sal

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you had a gait analysis? If not then have one and see what Running shoes might help.

I’d also seek advice from a gp, you shouldn’t have to put up with pain!

1 like

Hmm yes my running shoes were fitted 10 years ago so I'll get my gait and shoes checked first. Thank you!

1 like

Welcome back, but if running is causing persistent pain then something needs to be addressed to sort it out.

It sounds to me as if you should consult a GP or physio as continuing to run may cause permanent or irreparable damage.

It could be your shoes, if they have not been fitted after a gait analysis, it could be technique or it may be symptomatic of some biomechanical issue that needs looking into.

The guide to the plan may give you pointers healthunlocked.com/couchto5... but as Rammy75 says, you shouldn't be continuing to run if it is causing pain.

Take care.

1 like

Thank you, I'll get my shoes and gait re-checked first (it's been a while!)

I have had a similar pain but mine comes and goes - sometimes I get it after a run and sometimes not at all. I don’t get it when I’m running. I guess the critical thing with mine it that it goes. I walk on rest days and even get it after that sometimes. Not particularly helpful I know 🙄

1 like

You may also like...