Laura says I'm a runner!!

Although I'm not sure I felt like one at the end of week 6 run 3 tonight! In fact when she said I could stop running, my legs were like jelly!!!

It wasn't easy - found the gremlins were out between 10 and 15 mins, trying to mess my breathing up, and during the last 5 mins making my legs feel like lead. But I didn't give in, I kept going! I ran just over 3km and even managed my best time for 1 mile so far! Wow!

I'm hoping that now I can get back into a routine it will start to get easier! Fingers crossed!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The fact that you're continuing to adhere to the program simply demonstrates that you're a runner, Cookie, even if you may not quite believe it at present.

It's something that you've begun to maintain for a number of weeks now, allowing fitness to improve week upon week; the only way you'll not be a runner is if you stop.

• I had to stop for 1 1/2 weeks earlier this month due to illness, but I was missing running! (though after this one, I'm definitely ready for a rest day or two!) :)

• Laura is ALWAYS to be believed! 😀 She's never lied to me so well done!

• I wasn't convinced when she said I only had 5 minutes left and I could do it!! But I did - so she must be right ;)

• Definitely! Even after I graduated I would still take Laura along on runs occasionally.

• You defeated the pesky gremlins and managed a personal best? That's fantastic. Keep it up.

• I'm sure they'll be back!!! We just have to IGNORE them!! :)

• Congratulations! You managed to keep running, and that is so important, and you also had a personal best! Celebrate this moment, open one or two bottles (of fresh water!) hehe...

Well done you... !

• I had a couple of glasses of water when I got in to celebrate! :D

You may also like...