Yessssssssss I did it; I did it!!!! Wk5 Run3 you are done with a great big smile on my face!!

OMG I can't actually believe; but I have just run for an whole 20 mins!!!!

I really had to fight the gremlins beforehand; I thought of all the wonderful advice from you guys (& gals) on here and how I wouldn't want to let you down and most of all let myself down; so the gremlins got booted out the way!

The first five mins were the hardest; maybe because I knew there was still 15 to go? But when I reached the 10 min mark I felt I'd got into a rhythm and thought YES I'm going to so do this!!!

Feels fantastic!!!

51 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations, I felt W5R3 was the big one πŸ˜€

• I'm sooo chuffed, can you imagine what I'll be like at graduation?! Lol

• Brilliant, isn't it?! Celebrate your success - you deserve a huge pat on the back.

Just wait until you hit 30 minutes... You'll be completely hysterical πŸŽ‰πŸƒπŸ»πŸ˜„

• Think I'll definitely be crying on that one!!

• That'll be two of us then . I blubber when I graduated, when I ran my first 5k, when I finished my first race...etc, etc 😏

• *blubbed*

• We knew you'd do it Slinkyminky - major milestone- smashed! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ

• Thanks 90ldfinch. It's so amazing isn't it?! I find myself wanting to tell everyone about C25k!!

• Yes, it really is :)

• Yessss Slinky - you certainly did!! Big high fives to you - no stopping you now πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• That's exactly how I feel; no stopping me now; I really can do this!!

• Certainly seems like the turning point in the programme, well done slink!

• Thank Talulah. It certainly does x

• Woo Hoo ! Absolutely fantastic Slinky !!

Ooooh this is a biggie, a real defining moment where you think " Yeah, I can do this ! "

Well done , you should be very very proud of yourself today :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppypug

I am amazed and incredibly chuffed with myself and this program X

• Congratulations! That run is scary - well done you, no stopping you now!

• Thanks Skysue x

• Yeah well done! It's a great feeling

• It sure is; flippin eck I'll be a right mess when I graduate! Lol

• Fabulous work Slinky. This is the point where you start to think things like ....'only 5 mins left and I can do that' . Do you remember that first five minute run of the programme. How times have changed.....

• Oh do I!! Never thought I'd be able to do week 1; never mind this.

It's a lot to do with posting on here and the support and motivation offered by others; really does help especially when you have a day when you're struggling to get motivated x

• Hey well done. Loved W5 R3 and that great sense of achievement. I agree with what has been said before, a real turning point, when you realise, yes I can do this and I will.

• Thanks Pushing60.

I've loved this week; this has been my favourite so far; just need to keep grounded for wk6 run1; read quite a few posts now where people have struggled with that one x

• Well done! Great achievement and great feeling!

• Thanks Ullyrunner.

This must be the next biggest achievement to actually graduating?!

• Well done to you, just done the same run myself today x

• You did indeed. Have you stopped smiling yet?!

I think mine may last all weekend! Lol

2 days rest now then next one on Tuesday.

When are you doing W 6 Run1?

• Hoping to start w6 on Monday as I've got the day off. Good luck with w6 let me know how you get on x

• Good luck to you too x

Let me know how you get on, I'll be starting on Tuesday

• Wow Slinkyminky ! That's fantastic, very well done. You have just run for 20 whole minutes in one go!! You should be very pleased with yourself 😊😊. You did an ace job and worked hard.

• Thanks Bamb. Good luck with yours today; will be thinking of you x

• Ahhh, Well done Slinkyminky!!! I've been out this evening and was wondering earlier how you got on... Brilliant job, bet you're still smiling in your sleep. Next hurdle w6r1 😁

• Thanks Feelingsilly

Yes, need to keep grounded for wk6 run1; quite a few have said they found it very challenging

• Don't stop believing...hold on to that feeeeling.🎡😊

Well done slinkyminky...sounds like you found the zone. Keep going.Slow and steady every time.x

• Thank you. Oh yes, definitely slow and steady x

• Woo!! Well done you! Such a happy feeling to get that one ticked off! :)

• It's amazing, I still can't believe it really!

• Good. On. You.

Don't worry about the first 5 minutes hardship. I believe it is normal. It is for me anyway. From now on it will be a piece of cake.

Go and celebrate. You deserve it.

• Thanks; I had my celebratory glass of wine last night and eating out today x

• Yay!!!!!!! Well done! I did mine yesterday and although my body/breathing was fine it was my head trying to sabotage me... Managed to push through and am chuffed as a badger... Roll on wk 6!!

• Well done Allydee x it's amazing isn't it; how far we've come?!

Week 6 we're coming to get ya!!!

• Well on the way now. Hold on to that happy feeling and just know that you're a runner.

• Woohoo me a runner??!!!

(Keels over with shock)

• Congratulations! Onwards and upwards from here on in x

• Thanks Cathalicious x

• Keep going!! That's a BIG run, and you are now on the home straight... Keep at it!!

• Thank you x

Definitely keeping at it; loving it too much!

• Go you! Well done. That first 20 mins is a breakthrough moment!

• Thankyou

It is astounding really and a real changing moment in the program. Week 6 here I come!!

• Well done ! Its such a great feeling , I have also completed 20 min run today and was a bit shock when the last 5 mins was repeat twice ( must have got stuck ha ha ) but still running on running machine not outside yet πŸ˜•

• Well done to you too x

I'm still treadmill; I can't bring myself to run outside yet; need more confidence first; probably when I graduate and have been running in blocks of time.

But however we do it; treadmill or outside we are still doing it and it's a lot more than we did 5 weeks ago x

You may also like...