I woke up and asked myself if I felt like a lion or a mouse? A mouse came the reply. But with today being my graduation day I got up put my shoes and got out there. And I did it!
So, what have I learnt?
1. That if i just get my shoes on and get on with it, I can do it. Leave out the thinking, excuses, buts. Just get on with it. So it is in my diary on W, F, S and I have some routes that work and I can do it am or pm. I can. I do. I can do it!
2. It really doesn't rain very much at all.
3. It is lovely being out there in the fresh air seeing the birds, the ducks, the dogs, the 'morning!' people, the deer and today the celebratory honking skein of geese (thank you whoever organised those!).
4. This community is fantastic! There is always someone to cheer you up, make you smile, make you think(!), motivate you, offer advice and wise words. Thank you for being there!
5. Running is good for me. I feel so much better - 1 stone lighter - but fitter on the inside and the outside. It makes everything better.
6. Say after me.... "I am a runner"
So my plan is to run for a bit longer on Sunday and confirm that I can do the 5k distance. I nearly did it today (4.92 k in 32.5 mins) so it is just a question of routes. I didn't know I could run. I am going to run 30 mins and 5k mixed up and then do a Parkrun in November. And then just keep going through the short dark hibernation months. That will be hard!
Today I did woohoo in the woods (and an extra for Lizziebeth in Edinburgh) and I did kick my heels - both sides! I am, as ever, Pink and Smug. And very damp today as it is very misty.
Thank you Laura.