The longest run

Well, what a strange few days. I didn't manage to run once in the last ten days (life, ill children, stress and other events got in the way). I felt strangely nervous heading out today- what's that about? I didn't really have a plan. I thought I'd run until I felt I needed to stop. As it happened, I ran 6.5k in 42 minutes and stopped there. I could have gone a bit further but I didn't want to push it.It's the longest I've run and I wasn't expecting that today after getting out of my routine with running. Pleased though as 8 weeks until 10k Race for Life and it doesn't seem quite as daunting now as when I first signed up. Hey, there's always a walk break anyway! ๐Ÿ˜„

6 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • That's great - congratulations. 6.5k in 42 minutes is pretty decent - I have one 5K in under 40 minutes so you would be lapping me ;-).

• Thanks! I'm also squarely in the slow and steady camp.

• That is brilliant.. well done you x

Well on the way and taking it steadily... you can get there without pushing:)

• Definitely my philosophy! Can't be doing with pushing too hard as I won't enjoy it and then I'll just quit! ๐Ÿ˜„

• Well done , still have plenty of time to be ready for your 10k โ˜บ

• Here's hoping....

You may also like...