Week 6 was hard!

Like many others, I found week 6 to be the hardest so far.

After doing W5R3 last week and feeling quite comfortable, I was determined not to be complacent but it was still really hard going. Aside from the first 5 minute running stint of run 1 and the last 15 minutes of run 3, I never felt comfortable. Run 2 was a battle throughout not least because, and I have no idea why, I suffered with a really annoying 'dry' throat.

Anyway, I got through it and week 7 starts on Friday. I plan to run an identical route to W6R3 for runs 1 and 3 whereas I am giving my trail shoes their first proper outing for run 2.

Physiologically speaking, my hip is still on the mend but the pain is now a mere shadow of what it was and my knees have been on their best behavior.

Onwards and upwards.

Last edited by

30 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Great to hear, Dunder! Just nine runs to go......

• Yup.

Nearly time to formulate my post-graduation plans but I won't get ahead of myself just yet.

• Don't you have a HM to prepare for?

• I do but that's still more than 5 months away. If all goes to plan, I have about 5 weeks between graduating and starting a 16-week training plan.

• Good luck with that - 20k+ sounds a long way!

• Yes week 6 is a bit of a crafty little devil! Well done and I hope the knees continue to behave x :-)

• Thanks NE. I am still very nervous about them (the knees that is) but the reality is that it has been 4 weeks with no issues at all. Hopefully I can get them out of my head sooner rather than later.

• Great work dunder, it's very hard not to plan the post c25k ๐ŸŽ‰ runs, but you're very close now. Hopefully the way you're going it'll be a breeze( and injury free!)

• Thanks Sparky, appreciated.

• Yep, that week 6 is a B****R! :X well done for getting through it, that trail run for a change sounds good, i want to get some of those too! (though only done 1 off road so far!!) all the best for week 7! :)

• A b****r indeed.

I think I am really going to enjoy the trails.

• Nearly there now Dunder, exciting stuff! I was one of the many that found week 6 run 1 absolutely hideous. It's one of those strange, unexplained things... Good news about the knees.

• Thanks TT.

Run 2 was actually the worst for me. Hope the frozen peas did the trick for you.

• The peas were amazingly effective thanks! I managed a short run today without any ill effect.

I seem to remember I cricked my neck doing Week 6 run 1. I wonder now how on earth that was possible?

• Great. The peas, followed by a bath, worked great for me the one and only time I had shin splints.

Can't offer any words of 'wisdom' on the neck thing I am afraid.

• Yay well done!!

• Thanks Op15.

• Well done dunder...exciting to think in a few weeks we will all be talking to each other as graduates!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Indeed. Kicking our feet up in the Graduate Lounge, sipping Singapore Slings!

• well done Dunder :D you got it cracked now :D

• Cheers Rob. I hope so.

• after you've graduated (only 3 weeks away!!!) have a look at what plan myasics could have for you. Well done so far!

• Will do Nick, thanks.

• I must admit after doing 10k fairly comfortably last time I am giving serious thought to a September HM too! How much was yours to enter?

• It was only ยฃ20.

It is the Tonbridge Half Marathon which, I guess, is a fairly small event.

• Yep, Week 6 is a tricky one . Well done Dunder , all straight runs now to Graduation !

Glad your hip is on the mend , life is good , yes ? :-) xxx

• Thanks, Work is pretty hectic at the moment pug but aside from that it is pretty good, yes.

• keep going Dunder :D you are doing great :) I can see myself restarting C25K again maybe from week 3 or 4 once I am officially off the IC

• Thanks Rob but this thread is a couple of weeks old. I did W9R1 today.

I am sure you will be fine once you get the 'all clear'.

• Doh my feed is playing up.

Got to build up slowly :-D

You may also like...