Anxiety Support
37,925 members40,904 posts

24/7 lightheadedness/off balance

Hi everyone(again)

Okay so as most of you know I’ve had this severe bout of anxiety for over 8 months now(had anxiety on and off my whole life but sometimes manageable and live a normal life.

This time round my symptoms are the classic surges of adrenaline through body, racing/skipping heart/thuds etc etc.

These I can manage and have learnt to now over the years.

The only symptom which currently leaves me housebound and sometimes bed bound is the 24/7 lightheadedness/faint and off balance feeling.its totally destroyed my life.its absolutely debilitating and I can’t stand for any amount of time until I have to sit down.even sat down I get waves and surges of it and this doesn’t go away at all throughout the day.

To be honest I’m severely depressed now because of this and I don’t know what to do.

If it went away I could definitely manage everything else and be able to leave the house etc but with this symptom it’s impossible.

Sorry for the long post I’m just fed up and angry and my children need a mummy and my partner needs me back.i cry all day and pray but nothing ever changes.i just want it to go away.

Do anyone know of any meds or herbal remedies or just anything that may help me?

Thank you for reading x

22 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds very unpleasant. Can I ask how it relates to your anxiety? Is it that you're anxious about standing with these symptoms in case you faint and fall down? Is it that you get anxious, which brings on the lightheadedness, and then it's difficult standing because you're off-balance?

I hope this doesn't sound as though I think you're being silly about it. It's not meant that way, it's just that I find it's important to work out exactly what I'm anxious about. Sometimes it's obvious, but sometimes I feel panicky and don't know why. I feel as though there are so many things that could go wrong, but when I try to make a list, there isn't really anything!

1 like

To be honest I’m not sure what comes first anymore.its just become my life and I’m at my wits end and feel like I’m the only person in the world that feels this way.

Do you think it would help if you could work out what you're anxious about besides the lightheadedness? Once you can see what is actually bothering you, you might be able to see more of a way through.

You're certainly not the only person in the world who feels like that, anxiety is really common, and it's common to get physical symptoms with it.

1 like

Yes I totally agree.looking back it’s come on slowly and gradually through stressful times.

And I think the more I focus on it the worse it gets.then it’s a viscous cycle.

But getting out of it seems impossible!

Could you make a list of things you're anxious about? Just have a piece of paper, and whenever something new comes along, add it to the list. I've done that sort of thing to fight the sense that "something" is going to go wrong but I don't know what.

Another thing I've done is keep a diary and write down how anxious I am at any particular time. This is because I've noticed that when I go through an anxious period, I have the idea I'm anxious all the time. In fact I find it's not always like that. I'm often anxious for a few hours, then not so bad for a while, and so on. Keeping a diary helps me focus on moving on, and helps me avoid getting anxious about being anxious all the time!

Sorry you’re having a having a hard time right now. Have u been to a ENT for the off balance feeling? What have your doctor said about it? Am praying u start feeling better soon sending u a hug 🤗

1 like

Thank you so much for your lovely reply.

The doctor and hospital(I went because I couldn’t cope) has said it’s stress and anxiety x

1 like

Sounds like you’re describing my symptoms. Been this way since Jan 2017. I use the Dare app for the anxiety and panic attack aspects.

3 likes

Thank you for your reply.i will def have a look into the dare app for sure x

1 like

I experience the same thing. I can’t go to the store or anywhere without feeling like I’m going to faint. My vision is always a mess and my head just never feels right.

Just recently it all got extremely worse, I was even getting dizzy when laying down and I learned I have some fluid behind my ears and was having vertigo. But that’s completely different then the anxiety dizziness.

Anxiety sucks.

2 likes

Oh yes it really does.

Isn’t it just the most debilitating thing.

I get a floaty sinking swaying feeling and when I lay down too.

It’s horrid.

I hope you recover from yours ASAP.no one deserves to live like this x

1 like

Have you had your ears looked out?

I got the sinking lying down feeling omg

1 like

No they haven’t actually.

But my doctor says it’s all anxiety.im just not sure if it’s possible to feel this bad 24/7 just from anxiety! X

I have been through anxiety myself and I know how debilitating it can be. There are resources that can help you, have you thought of speaking with a counselor. If you are interested I have a resource I could provide to you. One resource I found to be really helpful is here bit.ly/2mFxWoz. You are in my thoughts!

1 like

Thank you so much for your message.

I’m currently waiting for CBT therapy so hopefully that will help.

I will definitely have a look at the link you sent me.thank you for that x

Did you ever start your meds?

Same to me am dizzy and off balance 24/7 it's 4 years now still feeling like that I have tried everything

1 like

Hi Minnie darling! I'm so sorry your feeling poorly. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but the only thing I can say is that I'm feeling them too. You're not alone.

1 like

This is exactly what I said to my boyfriend, if my head symptoms went away I’d deal with the rest!!

1 like

Yes!!i get heart palpitations and skips etc but I could live and have a normal life with those.its just this lightheaded heavy head feeling that’s awful.even sat on the sofa it’s there.

It’s like my mind spins around and blacks out but doesnt

1 like

You may also like...