Has anyone tried clomipramine? Desperate!

Iv been on clomipramine 10mg for 8 weeks now for obsessive thoughts and anxiety and have tolerated it pretty well up to now with little few side effects, however 3 weeks ago I noticed my anxiety coming back and I'm bad tempered and irritated, my doctor increased my dose to 25mg and last night I took one and woke up like I was on fire and felt sick I was terrified, was this dose too high? I don't know why iv suddenly gone down hill after I was ok when starting it.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Stop taking it.i dont take medications i fight on my own.

• I don't think I could function at all without something to help me along.

• Jus try. I had a bad attack last night.after it passed i jus went to bed cuz thinking about wat happen makes anxiety wores.dont worry if it will happen again.jus tell your self if it does ill get tru like i jus did.

• It's so hard I tried before and just couldn't function without something to help I also suffer from obsessive thoughts that can be crippling at times they seem to be a bit better but not the anxiety.

• Then wen u had the feeling ur going to die started medications again?

• Just couldn't handle the anxiety taking nothing at all, it's just terrible.

• Ok. I still think u sud try.

• To be honest nothing has ever helped it for long, I get a bit of relief for a while and then it's back again.

• I stoped worrying about it wen ever it comes i deat whit it whenever it pass i fotget about it.

• I'm still learning to try and do that it's really hard

• I knw sometimes i feel so tired an breakdown cry. Think about alot of stuff.

• I shake physically when iv got anxiety and feel really stressed, it's one of the symptoms I wish would go! Racing thoughts as well as catastrophizing everything, worrying il never get better. Iv had cbt 5 times and it's never really helped.

• Am sorry about that.you'll get bettter.how did it start btw?

• My anxiety started years ago but just kind of got worse over the years, i suffered a trauma very young( sexual) but iv had some treatment for that it's just generalised anxiety now and obsessive thinking.

• Ok am really sorry.

• That's ok we all have something don't we?

• Yes we do.

You may also like...