Oversleeping after panic attacks

I have panic disorder and GAD as well as major depression and OCD. After I have high anxiety and panic attacks, my OCD goes through the roof. I have insomnia and usually can't sleep well sometimes I have nocturnal panic attacks too. When I have massive day time attacks though, I sleep all day for 4 or 5 days. I try to keep busy cleaning but it's hard to stay awake. It doesn't help that my OCD causes me to have anxiety about my house being messy so I get agitated because I really want to clean everything. Since my anxiety is so severe and I couldn't handle anti depressants I have been advised not to take meds like xanax instead I take hydroxyzine as needed which also makes me SUPER tired. I start to worry that something else is wrong and that it's just not normal to be SO tired. I have a lot of side effects from all these disorders that I never know if it's anxiety or something else. This just aggravates the episode. I'm just exhausted. I guess I'm really just venting because my boyfriend is sick if me venting to him and I'm waiting for new insurance to go through so I'm not seeing a therapist right now. Thanks for listening and if anyone has Sony advice for energy without caffeine I'm all ears

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am going through much of the same. I have horrible health anxiety even though I've had my heart, brain, and digestive tract checked. I also cannot tolerate antidepressants or anxiety meds so i have hydroxyzine as needed. My panic attacks started from anemia because my body wasn't getting sufficient oxygen so I freaked. I now have panic disorder even though my iron is up. I completely know what you're going through. I can't handle caffeine at all anymore. My iron gives me energy though.

• I have health anxiety too. Luckily I have learned to manage it a little but I totally obsess over certain things and my OCD takes over. So dumb!

• It's not dumb at all. I think it's very common and normal! Not that I want to have health anxiety lol. I'd rather not!

• Lol I get so angry when I have a "relapse" I'll be doing well for a week maybe even 2 and then boom! Anxiety, panic, OCD and agitation then usually depression in that order. I can't really handle any stress. I just wish I didn't have these issues but I do so I try to cope.

• I'm the same exact way! You are not alone!

You may also like...