Anyone else on Sertraline/Zoloft? If so, did it help you with panic attacks /Agoraphobia?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so be gentle with me :-) I have been taking Sertraline/Zoloft (50mg) now for 54 days and I'm not sure if it working?

I was previously on Paroxetine (Paxil) for 24 years for panic and anxiety disorders but after a massive panic attack saw a psychiatrist who eventually put me on Escitalopram (Lexapro) 15 mg but that didn't seem to work either.

I had become quite housebound because I also developed a Vestibular ( balance disorder) this led to agoraphobia and increased panic attacks.

Right now I feel quite desperate to be honest, as I feel like I will have a life of agoraphobia if I do not start getting back out into civilisation soon. But I feel too anxious to get out and about.

I am now 49 and have panic attacks since I was 20.

I used to be a very busy engineer for 28 years before the balance disorder stopped that line of work but it gave me a routine and got me out of the house even though I still had panic attacks and avoided things like flying.

I guess I'm asking to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation and did Sertraline/Zoloft work for them with panic attacks/agoraphobia.

Really appreciate any replies

K.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was on Zoloft for 4 years it made me feel nothing I felt like I didn't care about anything. I still had bad agoraphobia and still do. But meds can work differently for different people

• Hi there, K. Zoloft was the very first antidepressant I ever took. I was on it from 2001 when my anxiety and agoraphobia went through the roof after the death of my father until 2008 when I found out I was pregnant with my son and my OB thought it best to change it while I was pregnant. It did take about 8 weeks to start noticing a difference and in the time my doctor gave me a low dose of xanax to help me through the really bad days. I saved them for really tough situations or r extreme panic or anxiety breakthroughs. I did have some nausea and muscle twinges the first couple of weeks, but after that I was just fine. Don't be surprised if you do have to change from time to time. SSRI antidepressants can be fickle things. I've been on them since 2001 as I said, and I've gone through Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac and now I'm on Lexapro which seems to be doing a somewhat adequate job. Best of luck to you. I hope you start feeling yourself feel better very soon.

You may also like...