Help

When I run or exercise I feel like I'll pass out. ( not completely) but I tend to think that when I go out for a run something bad will happen to me. Like ill just collapse out of no where. Not sure if its because I'm nervous when i run that triggers it. Its day 2this happend. Ive ran for 6years. It makes me want to quit my college career. Does anyone else experience this?

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello, I find my anxiety has caused me to become exercise intolerant. My heart will start to race which is a natural response to exercise but my brain which is so affected with anxiety will think I'm having a heart attack and this will bring on a whole host of other symptoms. I have given up exercise completely at the minute which I also know isn't good for me.

• Would your head feel pressured to as a symptom?

• Yes all the time. I suffer with a lot of unpleasant symptoms which I find difficult to believe could be anxiety

Head pressure

Feeling spaced out

Difficultly focusing

Feeling faint/light headed

Heart palpitations

Pain in arms/neck and shoulders

Nausea

Weak legs

Extreme fatigue

And tomorrow I will probably develop a new symptom

Can you relate to any of these symptoms?

• Yes. All of them. Sometimes it feels to real to believe its anxiety? Agree. How old are you? And what tests have you done?

• Oh definitely, the physical symptoms I experience are what I believe causes my anxiety but the Dr assures me it is the other way round. I am 31 and have had a blood test and ecg

• How do you feel right now?

• Did they ever diagnose you with anxiety

• It's what they have said is the most likely cause. I get good days and bad. Yesterday I wasn't too bad but I always wake up feeling anxious and I can have random attacks with no warning

• Did you ever get over feeling lightheaded 24 7?

• I also have this! I used to go to a running club when I was younger and I almost fainted one time and it scared me so much I've never been again but I sometines still force myself to go for a run although it is hard. I feel you!

• Would your head feel pressured to as a symptom? Like zoned out

• Yeah I feel that right now, I get it really bad at night!!

You may also like...