Last cbt tomorrow

Hi all hope you are doing ok,well tomorrow I finish my cbt and I feel a lot better then when I started,I still get anxious but a combination of medication and my thoughts seem to have helped me do everyday things my only problem is my fiancé doesn't get anxiety he thinks when he's home I should be fine as I'm safe with him around,he works away for 2-3 months and I struggle when he's home coz he wants to do things like go out places but my anxiety does rear it's ugly head and I find reasons not to go because he doesn't understand how I feel I just want to avoid a situation where I start feeling lightheaded and generally weird,any tips on what I can do because I don't want him feeling I don't want to go anywhere with him x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

I am pleased you cbt has been a big help :-)

I will keep this simple as the only thing I know what to do in a situation like this is just be honest with him , tell him just like you post on here & even write a letter if that will be an easier way to express how you feel

I am sure he will appreciate it & it will help him to understand

Good Luck

I hope it all goes well & you will let us know how it goes :-)

Love

whywhy

xxx

• Thank you x

• I have the same issue, my partner doesn't understand anxiety at all, when I try and explain to him about it, he just says .. How can I help, which is no help at all. There a leaflets about anxiety has he read one of them? Agree writing down what actually makes you anxious may help him understand a little better. Glad cbt is working ...still waiting for mine

• hi lynne, my o/h is exactly the same, she thinks if she goes out to different places or meeting other people that something will bring on a panic attack, the what if thinking, so I now understand what she is going through and don't put any pressure on her to do anything she is not comfortable with, so happy about your cbt. love jasper xx

• Thanks for everyone's reply really appreciate having people in similar situations to me giving me some advice.x

You may also like...