Anxiety and Depression Support
21,965 members19,844 posts

I’ve Done This Before

I was texting my mom today about my anxiety about work. That’s when I realized that I had been through this exact same experience before just in a different setting.

My freshman year at uni was horrible. I had panic attacks, I was alone, I just wanted to give up and go home.

This is exactly how I feel right now.

That made me chuckle. I survived that experience! I did it! And I lived! I gained new experience and grew and found my place. It took a lot to get through it but I did.

I think I’m just going through a lot of the same changes now. New career. New people. But ultimately I like what I’m doing. I hope I can put off the anxiety so I can really live now. I’ve hidden in fear for a really long time.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

You did it!!!! You caught yourself before your spiralled!!! This is such an awesome post!! Wahooooo!🙌🏻 Just keep reminding yourself that you did it at uni, you will now! Boom🙌🏻👏🏻👊🏻

4 likes

Thank you!!! See this is why this app is awesome. You guys are here for the good and bad!

1 like

Yes! BUT(!) I do feel there needs to be more posts about our little victories! I am also to blame here....I often just go about my life when I am doing great and fail to share what is working! My victories, my joy! I am so flippin excited for you!

1 like

Oh we definitely need to share our victories! I like sharing mine but I also like to see how other people are growing.

1 like

That is great!

1 like

You may also like...