MD

I HAVE PROSTATE CANCER WITH MULTIPLE BONE METASTASIS I AM ON LUPRON AND XGEVA ONCE A MONTH I JUST FINISHED 3 INFUSIONS OF PROVENGE I AM SCHEDULED FOR A PETCT SCAN OF THE BONES BUT MY PSA HAS BEEN RISING AT THIS POINT WHAT WOULD BE THE NEXT TREATMENT OF CHOICE WOULD IT BE ZYTIGA WITH PREDNISONE OR XANDI PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THANKS FRANK GENTILE FRANKGENTILEMD@YAHOO.COM

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I watched this video webtalk by Dr. Charles Ryan at UCSF earlier today - it precisely addresses your question and is right on point:

    urotoday.com/categories-med...

    Onward &upwards, rd

  • THANKS ARDEEE THAT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE DR RYAN FAVORS ZYTIGA HOWEVER I AM SEEING MY ONCOLOGIST AND SUGGEST HE PUT ME ON XTANDI

  • I suspect Chuck has a bit of a bias since he was the Principal Investigator for abiraterone!

    He does indicate that for some men, enzalutamide may be a better starter.

  • MD,

    I have written a few blog posts (www.advancedprostatecancer.net) about the comparison of Zytiga and Xtandi. It is my opinion that Xtandi is superior and a better first choice. It will be my first go to drug when I am in your shoes. One of these posts (A Statistical Nightmare – Comparing the Efficacy of Zytiga & Xtandi In the Pre-Chemo Setting) can be read at advancedprostatecancer.net/...

    will eplain my thought process.

    Also, Xtandi has been shown to delay bone mets and Zytiga has not.

    I also recommend that you go to the blog (www.advancedprostatecancer.net) and search Xtandi and Zytiga. You will find a wealth of important information.

  • THANKS JOEL I AGREE WITH YOU ANDI HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE MY ONCOLOGIST WHO WANTS TO PRESCRIBE ZYTIGA I WILL ASK HIM TO PRESCRIBE XTANDI AND MENTION THE SIDE EFFECTS OF PREDNISONE PLUS WHAT YOU MENTIONED ABOUT XTANDI DELAYING BONE METS AND ZYTIGA HAS NOT CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THAT STUDY THAT WOULD HELP MY ARGUMENT THANKS AGAIN FRANKGENTILEMD@YAHOO.COM

  • HI JOEL I AM NOW ON XTANDI FOR 10 DAYS I HAVE A VERY SLIGHT HEADACHE ALMOST EVERY DAY WHEN I AM NOT ACTIVE I WILL BE TESTING MY PSA IN 2 WEEKS

  • I was doing the Lupron 4 month shot and Bicumulaide Tablet everyday. My PSA started to double, stopped Bicumulaide and replaced it with Xandi ( oral chemo).  My PSA went down , but more bone mets. In the 5th round of the study. 28 days from now, pet/ct and bone scan. If the mets are still spreading or getting bigger, then I have to decide to try the Chemo drip.

You may also like...