I have been feeling really really drained of energy for a few months now, maybe even coming up to a year. I nearly fainted a couple of times and the OH pushed me to go to the doctor to test things out. Now there have been symptoms as well that I was having.
- I have had carpal tunnel surgery even though I had all the signs but my nerve conduction test came out minimal in one and ok in the other. Unexplainably, I still can't open jars properly and feel that I have lost my grip strength
- I have gained about 8 kg in the last six months, although my intake has gone down.
- I can fall asleep anywhere, even if I had a good nights sleep, (my OH says its a heredetary problem
- I started feeling the cold a lot more recently
- Muscle cramps - well had these since i was a kid esp in the arch of my feet and lower legs
- My cholesterol level is high
- Easily distracted can't keep my mind focused at all
- I keep forgetting things - I can;t remember like I used to
I had a fasting blood test done. All in all, my TSH came out normal
My iron was normal
My blood sugar was normal - and ruled out Diabetes although there is a family history of it.
My vit D came out low
One of my AST or ALT came out a little high (can't remember which one)
My cholesterol came out marginally high
Now I can associate all my symptoms with Hashimoto's but since my TSH came out normal, my GP doesn't want to test me for thyroid anti-bodies. He has put me on a mild dose of Vit D (1000 IU / day) and awaiting an ultrasound of my liver.
According to my GP, the lab will only test me for thyroid anti-bodies if my TSH level is abnormal. I habe yet to see another GP and put my case forward.
Anyone else has this or can give me any advice?
I would really appreciate any input!